nexus 7 (2012)

Stevewald

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus 7 worked great. Never had a problem with charging or anything else. Now when I updated to Android 4.4 it froze when about 1/3 done. I left it for about 2 hours, still nothing. So i did what i found by searching online and pressed Power with both up and down buttons. Now it doesny boot up. Can anyone help me with this. I tried quite a few things like charging overnight and holding power for 15 seconds. HELP

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
If you can't even power on in the first place then its moot because you need to power to boot into recovery mode in the first place, but I've had a similar experience as you with mine where it wouldn't power on, yet by holding the power button for a second and then immediately pressing volume down I was able to boot into recovery. Or it at least appeared to do so. Sometimes its like you need voodoo magic to press the keys in the right combination.

The key combination is described in Step 2 in the alternative method on this link:
https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2668187?hl=en

If that doesn't work I'd call Google Customer Support if you are in the US 1-855-836-3987. I think there is a "Help" option for support with your device. You also might be under warranty.

BTW when mine updated to 4.4 the whole thing took less than 10 minutes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12