Stop clearing Google Services Framework apk for Update

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Android Engineer Explains Why Mashing ?Check for Updates? on Nexus Devices Isn?t Helping You

As for clearing the Google Service Framework data, Morrill cries foul. He explains that when doing this, Google?s servers essentially recognize this as a factory reset, which in turn, will leave many of your apps (including Google Play) unusable.

There are many downstream effects of this, but a big one is that this invalidates the tokens used by any app that uses GCM (which is nearly all the Google apps, and a ton of third-party apps.)

How apps react to GCM IDs changing varies by app. With Play Store you have to log out and log back in, I think Gmail usually handles it transparently eventually but won?t get new mail notifications for a while, etc. Some apps you may have to clear data on to recover. All apps will simply stop getting GCM push-messages, until they get a new GCM ID.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Interesting aside here.

Dan is the same fellow who told everyone why Google stopped using SD cards. He said that they are insecure, slow, prone to failure and a single partition for apps and data was a better experience. People said he was full of it then, and that Google only wanted to force people to the cloud to "make more money." Now everyone wants to repeat his word as gospel.

Fickle users are fickle.

capnfatpants

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I guess the question now is: "how do i fix it?" i tried clearing the framework, which obviously didn't work and since I haven't gotten a single update to hangouts. I know he says it'll happen automatically, but how long is too long before I have to factory reset?

Chevy_Guy04

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
After talking with technical support at Verizon, I've come to the conclusion that it's not possible to disable the updating without altering the OS. If you find a way that doesn't affect the OS or other Google-related software, please post.

paul4na

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Google Services Framework is what the Google spy machine uses to track you. THAT is the real reason they don't want you clearing it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you're that concerned about Google spying on you, then perhaps you should look into some other platform?

tony elangbam

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
I cannot update and installed my Google framework service from Google.
Google service framework has been lost from my bqs37 android mobile and also Google PLAY STORE and PLAY SERVICE has stopped