4.4 gives me eyestrain, need to go back to 4.3

David Hunter2

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Bought a Nexus 7 (2013) because it didn't give me eyestrain like the iPad mini after the iOS 7 update. When I upgraded to KitKat I immediately noticed the same eyestrain and slight nausea that Apple devices and computers give me. I don't know what it is but it's in the whiteness of text and white spaces. It's too "crisp".

I need to get back to jellybean. Any help?

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if its an automatic changeover (I installed it prior to my KitKat install) but has your device switched to the Google Experience Launcher? Is it that Launcher that is the problem, or could it be the solution?

alexlam24

Banned
Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if its an automatic changeover (I installed it prior to my KitKat install) but has your device switched to the Google Experience Launcher? Is it that Launcher that is the problem, or could it be the solution?

Looking at this users post, it doesn't seem like he's on GEL. Probably stock launcher

Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile

anon(890442)

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
The app ScreenDim allows you to change contrast as well as brightness. This may help with your eyestrain as the with the app you will still be able to have full brightness when required but a lower contrast will make it less intense.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4