Nexus 7 2012 password and factory reset problems

pauleli

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Want to lend my 2012 Nexus to one of my children.

To this end, have set up an unlock password for my account, I am the owner of the device..

Then tested the password to unlock. Worked fine, that is the first time. But after that the, quite simple, password got rejected, no matter how many times I tried. That was last night.

But this morning, I tried again and, lo and behold, I got in with the same password. But again, only the first time! Coming back a second and third time, it again rejected the unlock password.

So I decided that I should, perhaps, do a factory reset. But since I cannot get into my (owner) account I cannot do the reset from the Nexus 7 itself.

On my laptop, I signed into my Google account and got to the Android Device Manager page. There I found that it could locate my Nexus on the map. It also let me ring the Nexus' bell, but it would not let me change the unlock password.

Next, I clicked ERASE on the Device Manager Page. I received an email from Google confirming my request for erasure. But that was hours ago and nothing has changed since.

What's going on? I am mystified! I will very much appreciate your advice. Thank you and best regards,
Paul

bldrgn2043

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know you can not do anything to your nexus if it is locked, so you will have to wait till your password works again before you can change your settings. When you clicked "erase" in your android device manager you only erased the the data on it like pictures and music. Try using "Lock" in your android device manager to lock and change your password.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol