Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012) Windows 7 won't find my Nexus as a device

fircrkr

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I had the "No Command Boot Loop" soft brick problem, but got my Nexus back working on Android 4.4 with the Nexus Root Toolkit and several hours of messing around. But now I can't figure out how to get Windows 7 to recognize the Nexus as a device and not as "ADB Interface/Android Composite ADB interface". I just want to be able to transfer some e-books onto the Nexus from my desktop computer. I've tried wugfresh drivers and lots of "device manager" deletions but no success. I even tried hooking the Nexus to my HP laptop but it installed there as an ADB Interface too.... Help!!

tigermarm13

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem! My laptop won't recognize the tablet at all yet the usb will charge the tablet. I'm trying to copy movies over and how can I do that if it won't recognize the tablet? There are a couple apps that have been suggested like dropdox for transfer, but I want to fix the problem not cover it. HELP!!!

Posted via Android Central App

Alex Brown7

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
It should fix your problem if you turn USB Debugging off. Go to Settings>Developer options>USB Debugging and uncheck it. If you don't have Developer options, go to the "About Tablet" menu in the settings and click your Build Number seven times. That will unlock the developer options where you can get to USB debugging. Hope that's not too confusing. Good luck!