Nexus 7 does not update past 4.1.2

TOMMY LINDGREN

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus 7 (2012) WI-FI only it will not update to never software. Called Goggle Tech about it a couple of time, they told me to factory reset the device, which I did. It still did not want to update. They told me to contact the manufacture to have them fix it. I called them, they said to me to send in the device, but that the warranty was out, they could not give me a price how much it would cost. I would think that the repair+shipping would be more than the device would be worth. Anybody know if there are any other way to update it manually?

Last edited:

TOMMY LINDGREN

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Thx for the advice NothingIs True
I am not very good about technical stuff. I am an older guy, I am afraid I would mess it up, doing something wrong, I will think about it. I might give it a try. Do you start with the update 4.2.2 or can you go direct to 4.4.2

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Thx for the advice NothingIs True
I am not very good about technical stuff. I am an older guy, I am afraid I would mess it up, doing something wrong, I will think about it. I might give it a try. Do you start with the update 4.2.2 or can you go direct to 4.4.2

With a factory image, you can go straight to the latest without problems. This is basically completely installing the OS ground up, so compatibility issues shouldn't occur. There are youtube videos of people doing it step by step if you want to check those out too. Good luck! Maybe someone else will know why yours is not updating and be able to help you do it organically.