Using KeepassDroid on Nexus 7

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to use keepassdroid with the database stored on a usb stick? Because I am paranoid, I would prefer not to copy the databse to my nexus.

IslandTosh

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Not a bad idea...you'd need an MHL cable to connect the two devices, then you'd just have to be able to point the app to the correct file location. Sounds do-able, but I haven't tried it myself.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I dont know about MHL, but I have an OTG cable. Using this with OTG Disk Explorer (Lite) I can see the database file on my usb stick. However, when running KeePassDroid, it cant see the usb stick when I attempt to navigate to it using its file menu. I have only just got this tablet, am a bit new to the Android world, so any help needs to be in simple language please! If I copy the database file to my Nexus (which I really dont want to do long term), then KeyPassDroid runs ok.

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Since Keepassdroid cant see my usb stick, I thought that I would store the database on my usb stick, then if I should need it, temporarily copy the file from the stick to my Nexus using OTG disk explorer (lite). My main use of keepass is on my PC and I would only need it on my Nexus when on hols etc. Try as I might, I cant copy the file! I can see the file, but the only option available to me is "download". I selected this, then wondered where the file went. Cant see it anywhere. Can anyone put me right on this please.

Edit: Just found out I can do this using Nexus Media Importer:)

Last edited: