Organizing Apps on Nexus 7 (2012)

dkperez

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I KNOW this has to be in here somewhere, but I can't find anything even close when I search........

Nexus 7. "old" version. Running 4.4.2
I have a home page with some icons. I have some home pages that are empty...... HOW do I get rid of the empty pages?

I hit the Apps button and I have pages of apps. HOW do I group them? NOT put them on the home page, just take all the
games and put them in a folder called GAMES in the APPS pages. Then, if I want them on the home page I'll move them there...

I figured out how to do all this on my Galaxy SII, but I can't find a way to create a folder on the Nexus...

So, HOW do I do this?

I even stuck the Nova and Apex Launchers on there... STILL can't find a way to create a folder...

HOW do I do the same app organizing on the Nexus I can do on a lousy cell phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
With stock Android, you can't delete blank homescreens, nor can you organize the App Drawer. You can delete blank homescreens with the free Nova Launcher, but in order to organize the App Drawer, you have to purchase the full version.

The reason why you could do it on Samsung is that they added the functionality (along with all of the other TouchWiz bells and whistles).

dkperez

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
OK, so at least I know I'm not crazy!!!!!!! So, if I understand, we're now at version FOUR of Android. It's been around for years. And it STILL requires add-ons to do something as trivial as organizing apps into folders? And even then, you can't do it in the app drawers... Makes me appreciate Samsung, for sure!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
But I think that's intentional. Android gives you the basic framework, and since it's open, it allows developers to come up with apps and modifications to suit their needs or yours. If you like a very basic interface and don't care about folders, then it's good for you. If you want more customization, then there are launchers and other apps that can do it for you. I think that's a better way of approaching it than automatically giving you features that you may not want or ever use. Personally, that's one of my issues with TouchWiz--I probably would only use a fraction of all its features, but it would still be taking up a sizeable amount of storage space.

dkperez

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't disagree with the framework and relying on random developers to come up with tools, but I've already wasted my time on two launchers that ALSO don't provide this basic capability.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance