Nexus 7: SOS HELP!

buffee

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok so it's not a SOS, but it's ticking me off. I have the 2nd gen. nexus 7 and when I went to put my new cover on it, I somehow made all my icons and my wallpaper gi-normous. I have searched thru settings and haven't yet figured out how to shrink them. Sure u can make fonts smaller, but I don't really need my facebook or amazon icon on my main wallpaper the size of a 50 cent piece. Oh how I wish they would include a book. I have no doubt one of you genius's will know exactly how to fix this and maybe how to never do it again?? Thanks:(

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: SOS HELP!

Are you using a 3rd party launcher? I know they offer icon resizing in many 3rd party launchers but not too sure about stock.

buffee

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site

I'm not even sure what a 3rd party launcher is. All I know is I dragged a few of the icons from my program list to my main wall, and when I went to put on the case, I must of pushed something that made them & the wallpaper HUGE!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

This is odd--I've never heard of this happening before. Can you try posting a screenshot? The process is a little convoluted, because the powers that be are still working on being able to post an image directly using the Android Central app. To take a screenshot, press and hold Power and Volume Down at the same time, for about half a second. You can then go to the Gallery, find that screenshot, and upload it to some place like Google Drive. Then go to your computer, download that image from Google Drive, and then post the image using the Android Central website. When you're writing a post, you can attach the image by clicking on the Attach Image button, which is just under the smileyface and the right of the those 2 globe icons.

If that's too complicated, you could always just take a photo of the screen itself using your camera, then attach that image.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Accessibility and disable zoom in with 3 tap something.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Brilliant! That may very well be the problem, especially if the OP was trying to get a case on and inadvertently either triple-tapped the screen, or did some other gesture.

To clarify: Go to Settings>Accessibility>Magnification gestures. Is the switch at the upper right on? If so, turn it off. You could also just go back to the home screen and tap 3 times in quick succession in any blank spot of the homescreen to zoom back out. Good call, John Woo1!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante