Nexus 7 (4.4.2) No Longer Plays Video From Home Network

Doctor Zoidberg60

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello
Somewhat of a noob when it comes to the Nexus 7 (32GB) so hopefully what I'm asking makes sense and though I've searched here and other places, I've not been able to find anything that addresses my problem.

I have a Linksys 3200 that we use for our home WiFi network into which I've plugged a 1TB HDD. All our computers can access and play the videos stored on the HDD. Until just recently, so could my Nexus 7 using AndroXplorer Pro. It still shows all the files on the HDD (under Server files) but regardless of what video app I use (BSPlayer, DicePlayer, MX Player or RockPlayer2) I cannot get any of the videos to play. They will not load into any of the players regardless of the video format. Again, they all still play just fine on any our our PC's.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Gerry

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello
Somewhat of a noob when it comes to the Nexus 7 (32GB) so hopefully what I'm asking makes sense and though I've searched here and other places, I've not been able to find anything that addresses my problem.

I have a Linksys 3200 that we use for our home WiFi network into which I've plugged a 1TB HDD. All our computers can access and play the videos stored on the HDD. Until just recently, so could my Nexus 7 using AndroXplorer Pro. It still shows all the files on the HDD (under Server files) but regardless of what video app I use (BSPlayer, DicePlayer, MX Player or RockPlayer2) I cannot get any of the videos to play. They will not load into any of the players regardless of the video format. Again, they all still play just fine on any our our PC's.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Gerry

Not too familiar with AndroXplorer. I would suggest trying ES File Explorer. Easily one of the top five apps for Android and free. There may be an issue with the way AndroXplorer is handling your smb. If ES doesn't work then it is probably a settings issue with your router and NAS.

There are many other variables here. but that is at least a start.

Doctor Zoidberg60

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the assist. Still playing around with ES File Explorer to get access to our home LAN. It's not critical just annoying because before the latest OS upgrade, I had no problem streaming the videos but for whatever reason, they just won't load into any of the players. I just haven't had to time to reason it all out. Again, thanks for taking the time to help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinmo