Replacement power cable impossible to get

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have a problem with my nexus 7 (google, 2012, 3g) were it randomly turns on and off. It has happened since I got it a few months ago but cant be bothered to take it back or get it repaired. The problem doesn't occur too often either, perhaps once a week so if I did send it back, it would probably be fine for them and send it back untouched.

I believe it is the power/volume flex cable. I can fix the problem by simply taking off the back of it. A close look at the contact points shows that the power contact is flatter then the volume contacts, so I believe very little pressure causes it to 'activate'. Taking the back off relieves the pressure.

I ordered a new cable off ebay but discovered it is wrong. The one they sent has 4 contact points where as mine only has 3. the connector also has 2 right angles (so the connector faces the same way as the cable) where as mine only has 1, facing inwards. Another look online only shows the 4 point cable. I cant seem to find my cable anywhere.

Any ideas?

Cheers. (and sorry for the long story)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I have a problem with my nexus 7 (google, 2012, 3g) were it randomly turns on and off. It has happened since I got it a few months ago but cant be bothered to take it back or get it repaired. The problem doesn't occur too often either, perhaps once a week so if I did send it back, it would probably be fine for them and send it back untouched.

I believe it is the power/volume flex cable. I can fix the problem by simply taking off the back of it. A close look at the contact points shows that the power contact is flatter then the volume contacts, so I believe very little pressure causes it to 'activate'. Taking the back off relieves the pressure.

I ordered a new cable off ebay but discovered it is wrong. The one they sent has 4 contact points where as mine only has 3. the connector also has 2 right angles (so the connector faces the same way as the cable) where as mine only has 1, facing inwards. Another look online only shows the 4 point cable. I cant seem to find my cable anywhere.

Any ideas?

Cheers. (and sorry for the long story)
Have you always had this issue? I would suggest a factory reset and monitor it to see if the problem persists. Also give it a full charge and see how it performs afterwards. I would also pay close attention if the issue restarts and see if there was a service or App you installed around that time. That could also be an issue (bad App) and is causing the device to shut off or reboot.

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Cheers for the reply. It has happened pretty much since I had it! I have done a few factory resets and the problem has always been there. It also occurs in Bootloader. My device is unrooted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae