Bluetooth tethering with Moto G to Nexus 7

ebeighe

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
[Preface: I posted this on the Moto G forum; but it now occurs to me it's probably more of an issue with the tablet rather than the phone...]

I installed FoxFi on my Moto G phone and as a test USB tethered a windows laptop just fine.

Installed Pdanet Tablet app on a Nexus 7 and went through the configuration to bluetooth tether it to my phone. The pairing seems to be just fine; status says connected and all that. The trouble is the Nexus can't do any web access at all... trying to open any page in chrome, e.g. chrome just says "you are offline"; clicking on details says: "wifi and mobile data are off" ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED
Very little data (accoring to FoxFi and Pdanet) moves; a handful of packets and like maybe 1Kbyte of data.

Why doesn't Nexus recognize there's a network connection via bluetooth?
I've tried reconnected and rebooting both ends but trouble just repeats.

Last edited by a moderator:

tglass@wbbinc.com

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: bluetooth tethering with Moto G to Nexus 7

I have the exact same issue with my Nexus 7 (2013) and my Verizon HTC One. Everything looks like it should work, but it doesn't. Anyone come across any solutions? Thanks for any help! :)

ebeighe

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: bluetooth tethering with Moto G to Nexus 7

over in the Moto G forum; i got this suggestion:
In Settings, Wireless and Networks, More, Tethering and mobile hotspot have you turned on Bluetooth tethering? You can set up a Bluetooth connection between phone and tablet but it won't allow internet data usage unless this setting is checked.
I haven't been able to try it yet because at the moment i have no data plan (i am on a pay as you go deal). anyways; i suppose it's worth a look at the settings...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463