Nexus 7 (2012): Android 4.4.3 Factory Image

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
tried using esfile mgr and no go. Can i update from the bootloader like i did with my moto x?

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
tried using esfile mgr and no go. Can i update from the bootloader like i did with my moto x?

You'll need to update from your PC using fastboot. After downloading the update, I extracted all the files and used fastboot to erase the system and boot, then flashed the new system and boot images. Doing it this way will allow you to keep all your data and files already installed intact. Everything is running perfectly, devices status shows 4.4.3, with the new kernel 3.1.10gle42d16 dated March 13 2014.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
You'll need to update from your PC using fastboot. After downloading the update, I extracted all the files and used fastboot to erase the system and boot, then flashed the new system and boot images. Doing it this way will allow you to keep all your data and files already installed intact. Everything is running perfectly, devices status shows 4.4.3, with the new kernel 3.1.10gle42d16 dated March 13 2014.

Yeah ill end up using ADB from the PC or wait for the OTA. Thanks

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It is rather odd that N7 (2012) lagged behind the other Nexus devices and even Google Editions of other devices in terms of OTA... and when an OTA showed up it was only for nakasig (mobile) variant. Still no signs of nakasi (WiFi only) OTA anywhere on the interwebz that I can find.

??? Is there a bug-fix that Google is making for nakasi ???

Can anyone who updated nakasi to 4.4.3 by flashing boot and system via fastboot confirm it has caused no issues (bugs)???

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
It is rather odd that N7 (2012) lagged behind the other Nexus devices and even Google Editions of other devices in terms of OTA... and when an OTA showed up it was only for nakasig (mobile) variant. Still no signs of nakasi (WiFi only) OTA anywhere on the interwebz that I can find.

??? Is there a bug-fix that Google is making for nakasi ???

Can anyone who updated nakasi to 4.4.3 by flashing boot and system via fastboot confirm it has caused no issues (bugs)???
I have it running right now. Fastboot flashed the boot and system images, everything running great for the last three days. No lags, freezes, reboots, no nothing.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, riggerman. I was hoping to hear from more than one user and I see where you had posted a thumbs up earlier (June 6) that the manual update went well...

I guess since the Factory Image still stands, the OTA for nakasi just slipped through the cracks and there is no bug fix due... *shrug*

I'm in. Just flashed the needed bits and Android updated on reboot. Confirmed 4.4.3 and new kernel.

I had removed root via SuperUser and restored stock recovery some days ago to prep for the OTA that never arrived. Wugfresh Toolkit restored my root and installed TWRP. All is well.

Screenshot_2014-06-08-13-08-42.png

ThreeChordMonte

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I used the factory image as well to manually flash 4.4.3. Wiped the tablet and updated. Finally have everything reinstalled. Running better than ever.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, riggerman. I was hoping to hear from more than one user and I see where you had posted a thumbs up earlier (June 6) that the manual update went well...

I guess since the Factory Image still stands, the OTA for nakasi just slipped through the cracks and there is no bug fix due... *shrug*

I'm in. Just flashed the needed bits and Android updated on reboot. Confirmed 4.4.3 and new kernel.

I had removed root via SuperUser and restored stock recovery some days ago to prep for the OTA that never arrived. Wugfresh Toolkit restored my root and installed TWRP. All is well.

View attachment 122304

For even better performance, try flashing the oxydos kernel from XDA. Much higher benchmark scores and no adverse effects. Everything runs great with no lag and even better battery life from what I've seen.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For even better performance, try flashing the oxydos kernel from XDA. Much higher benchmark scores and no adverse effects. Everything runs great with no lag and even better battery life from what I've seen.

I might give that oxydos a whirl after some research... I've added francoKernel since the screencap. I've used franco before and really like it.

P.S.: Since the fastboot flash update everything is running fine on the nakasi. :D