I've had my Nexus 7 Tablet for about a year without a problem. Recently I opened my tablet to find the Wi-Fi icon in the upper right missing. I tried to turn the Wi-Fi on, but the process just hung there. I rebooted and got the same thing. I checked under Advanced Wi-Fi and found the MAC address unavailable.

I rebooted several times over the next few days, and finally the Wi-Fi was back to normal. That lasted for three weeks, and then, boom, back to the same thing for 3 days, then Wi-Fi was on for three days and then today, back to no Wi-Fi and MAC address unavailable.

Any ideas on how to remedy this situation, short of a factory reset? I've heard that it could be an android system file that needs to be replaced by downloading it, although I know not which file. Could a recently installed App be causing this? My guess is that it's something in the boot process. Please help!
    Mahesh9030 likes this.
    06-10-2014 10:06 PM
    I've had my Nexus 7 Tablet for about a year without a problem. Recently I opened my tablet to find the Wi-Fi icon in the upper right missing. I tried to turn the Wi-Fi on, but the process just hung there. I rebooted and got the same thing. I checked under Advanced Wi-Fi and found the MAC address unavailable.

I rebooted several times over the next few days, and finally the Wi-Fi was back to normal. That lasted for three weeks, and then, boom, back to the same thing for 3 days, then Wi-Fi was on for three days and then today, back to no Wi-Fi and MAC address unavailable.

Any ideas on how to remedy this situation, short of a factory reset? I've heard that it could be an android system file that needs to be replaced by downloading it, although I know not which file. Could a recently installed App be causing this? My guess is that it's something in the boot process. Please help!
    Well I think the solution lies only inside the factory reset, try doing a soft factory reset it will not delete you data rather than it will reset all the settings back to the time when you have purchased your device.
    06-11-2014 02:33 AM
    If you haven't tried rebooting your router, I recommend you do so.
    06-12-2014 02:11 PM
    Before I had a chance to do anything, my tablet rebooted by itself and is stuck at the startup screen, with the four colored circles rotating in place. It does not respond to powering off with the power button. I'm guessing my tablet is done for.
    06-13-2014 11:37 PM
    It does not respond to powering off with the power button. I'm guessing my tablet is done for.
    06-14-2014 07:50 AM

i also have a same problem with you. i tried to do as follow and succeeded
    - go to data/misc/wifi (required root)
    -backup file wpa_supplicant.conf in this folder which contains usename and password wifi
    - delete all file in this folder
    - turn on wifi ( if you careful, you can reboot )
    - now you can connect to wifi
    - recovery file wpa_supplicant.conf
    10-06-2014 07:27 AM
    thanks bro its working
    12-13-2014 01:44 AM
    install this app (Blade Wifi Fix)
    01-26-2015 10:13 AM
    -backup file wpa_supplicant.conf in this folder which contains usename and password wifi
    HI Huong,
    Am facing the same problem and i rest to factory default twice but didnt work.
    Could you pls explain how to go to data/misc/wifi? i can't get to it on my Xperia z2

Thanks
    01-29-2015 07:23 PM
    i cannot turn on my wifi as mac adress is not available please help
    04-29-2015 05:26 AM
    HI Huong,
    Could you pls explain how to go to data/misc/wifi? i can't get to it on my HTC M9

Thanks
    11-24-2015 03:55 PM
    Hello,
    I've faced that problem with Xperia Z2 some months ago and I solved it today.
    I had unavailable wi-fi mac address and bluetooth, so both functions were always off. Of course, I've tried everything possible with firmwares.
    But after 2 or 3 month my battery controller died and I had had to replace whole battery. And, surprise, after replacement, wireless connections - wi-fi and bluetooth - appeared to function again! Mac address and bluetooth id are available.
    I had such idea previously, cuz wifi becomes available before only for 3-5 minutes after phone start with fully charged battery.
    Probably, your problem may have another reason, but I hope it will help you anyway.
    01-16-2016 12:02 PM
    02-25-2016 07:20 PM
    HI Huong,
    Could you pls explain how to go to data/misc/wifi? i can't get to it on my Xperia z2

Thanks
    02-25-2016 07:30 PM
    Hi Dear

I have HTC One E9 plus OPJX100 E9PW
    Having problem with wifi and bluetooth i flash firmware twrp and ruu but the problem is still there.
    Security is off and cid is 11111111
    I flash other region firmware and ruu but no solution i root it and any possible solution i could i did but but wifi and blutooth do not work.
    If any body could help i'l be thankfull.
    wifi and bluetooth MAC address is Unavailable.
    03-12-2016 06:03 AM
    On my rooted phone, i tried it with a lot adrenaline. I used ROOT BROWSER to have files, deleted them all, rebooted. But didn't work hopelessly.
    03-28-2016 03:49 PM
    i have the same problem too on my xperia z3 !! I try to flash all firmware but no luck and I think it because of the battery.. so, should I change the battery or what?
    06-10-2016 06:35 AM
    Hello

I'm also facing same problem with my lenovo vibe K4 note mobile...

Please help me
    07-03-2016 10:47 AM
    Hello

I'm also facing same problem with my lenovo vibe K4 note mobile...

Please help me
    I also have same problem if u got any solutions plz hel me bro
    10-25-2016 11:46 AM
    Mine was like this from a update
    12-19-2016 07:47 PM
    Is this for android
    12-21-2016 01:19 PM
    Activate Developer options - tap Build No in About a few times
    then in Developer Options - >> User legacy DHCP client
    Reboot and try to connect
    06-18-2017 03:39 AM