System keeps hanging after update

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
After the update to 4.4.3, my Nexus 7 (2012) keeps lagging and hanging up. I keep getting the message "Unfortunately, the process com.android.systemui has stopped." "Report/OK". I hit OK and it works for a little bit, then hangs, then message again. I've tried clearing some recently updated apps' cache. Hasn't helped. Other than the system update I haven't installed anything new. And it sometimes doesn't want to power on until I hold the power button for a bit longer, or it reboots. How do I solve this problem?

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Thank you, but I tried that and it didn't completely solve the problem. It seems to do it less often, but it has still done it.

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
No, I'm not rooted (not smart enough). Nor are there any modifications. I'm using the basic launcher that it came with. I'll try safe mode and see if that helps. Thanks.

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I went to go do the system safe boot mode and got a notice to update to 4.4.4. I'll do that and see if it will help.

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
So, it did the same problem after the update to 4.4.4. I did the cache partition wipe again. I did the Safe Mode reboot and it hasn't had the problem. Now, what does that mean and how do I fix my problem?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It suggests that something you installed is causing the system to crash. It can be hard to figure out which one, though, short of uninstalling all apps, then reinstalling them slowly, one by one, until the problem recurs.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
That solved the problem. Now I don't know which of the 5-7 apps I deleted caused the problem. Thanks for your help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke