Tablet slowed down with 5.0

anon(480526)

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I love the look and feel of 5.0. It just seems as though my tablet slowed down a lot with it. Apps load slower, it freezes a bit, and even reset itself once. I am not upset by all this, just would like it to be a bit fast, like it was on JB. I used sdk to install it and it was a clean install. Root lost, whole thing wiped, ect. Is anyone experiencing this? Would it be better to go back to JB and wait for the official push to my tablet?

ehiss

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't agree more. I sideloaded Lollipop the other day (Google factory image) and noticed the same thing. It was much slower and took longer to open apps. I flashed back to KitKat and now with a clean install, it runs very fast and smooth. I probably won't even upgrade to Lollipop.

anon(480526)

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps I will go the WUG route tomorrow. Saw in another post that Google Now Launcher was causing everything to slow down. Will play with it a bit without that launcher installed first.

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I highly recommend a clean install, start from scratch. The guys from Android Police are saying that a clean install is the best way to go.

Posted via the Android Central App

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I used Wug's toolkit to full wipe and flashed Lollipop, also I wiped the cache partition, and installed Nova Launcher.

My N7 is running like butter!

mrcleary

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I too used Nexus Root Toolkit and have been running lollipop for 24hrs. now and loving it. It is definitely a bit faster and noticeable smoother.

dyastrab

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Received OTA, downloaded & installed, then factory reset and then restored apps from Google cloud services. Its still slow. Will Google Now launcher solve everything or should I do another reset and not restore from the cloud?

anon(480526)

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
TC here. Updated info. I reinstalled with WUG. Then I charged to full and factory reset. It is working smooth now. Now Launcher is speedy and I am happy again.

Last edited:

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I got the OTA today. My tablet is slowwwwwwww now. I'm running back with Nova Launcher which helps, but still major issues. I also factory reset the device. The worst part is that it will close apps in the middle of using them. Hopefully google addresses this shortly with am update.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Got the OTA last night and no issues here so far. The speed of the tablet seems at least as good as before, if not better. Animations are smooth, good response time with home/recent apps keys. Maybe some slowdown when loading apps, but I can live with that instead of stuttering.

TJH

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC