Lock screen question

fatal99

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, I've been using the Nexus 7 2012 my mom gave me last year, mostly at work. I check emails and use it a s a picture display for customers. Ever since she gave it to me, I've had this funny nn // on the lock screen just under the date. She never knew what it was from. Almost as though she had dashclock or something and didn't delete it properly and this was left.

I thought it would go away when I flashed the Lollipop factory image, thus making the whole system new, but it didn't. Any ideas as to what it might be?

Screenshot_2014-12-02-13-30-23.png

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to post images, that's odd.
This is one of those times where an image WOULD help a lot haha

Off the top of my head I'd think maybe contact information being displayed (you know, in case you misplace your phone) or a lockscreen message initiated from Android Device Manager? (Don't know if the latter can do that or not, just an idea)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's probably cause one the applications on the phone. I would just do a reset wipe.

He already did that.

It does sound to me like Owner Information or something... I know it's there for Samsung devices, not sure if Nexus has that option as well...

fatal99

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to post images, that's odd.
This is one of those times where an image WOULD help a lot haha

Off the top of my head I'd think maybe contact information being displayed (you know, in case you misplace your phone) or a lockscreen message initiated from Android Device Manager? (Don't know if the latter can do that or not, just an idea)

BINGO!!! owner info was displayed and for some reason had nn // in it. So Weird...fixed it though.

I couldn't upload the screenshot from the mobile site, but when I switched to the full site I figured it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37