How to make it snappy again?

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Stock, unrooted, 16GB, original Nexus 7 (with plenty of free space 6GB), but over the past few updates it has slowed to a crawl. I have wiped the App's caches and cache partition (which help for a short while), but it is still painful to use.

It is running 4.4.4 at the moment, and am wondering if a full reset will actually help for the long term. I thought the whole idea of KK was to improve performance on less capable hardware. If that is really the case, something is horribly wrong on mine.

Note that I have no interest in rooting or flashing unless it is absolutely necessary.

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
If you think it's slow now, I would definitely recommend avoiding the OTA update to 5.0

Sent from my 2013 Moto X using TapaTalk

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Just hard reset it.
If you have any pictures on SD card,backup them and do the SD card format too.
Hope this will help !
:D

I hope so too, but I was kind of looking for someone who has recently done it to confirm that it addresses the issue.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I ended up resetting mine, and its back to its old self again. I have been cautious in loading all of the old apps I had on it, staying with only those that I really use.

We'll see if the new snappiness continues.

Seronac

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a 32GB N7 2012. It has been slow for the last few updates. A factory reset helps for a time, and then it slows down again. I fear that the only real solution is to buy a new 2013 version N7.

Posted via the Android Central App

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the tried and true solu4. I did it on mine and am not complaining one bit. Flash back to 4.4.4 and presto it works again!

Posted via the Android Central App

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Stock, unrooted, 16GB, original Nexus 7 (with plenty of free space 6GB), but over the past few updates it has slowed to a crawl. I have wiped the App's caches and cache partition (which help for a short while), but it is still painful to use.

It is running 4.4.4 at the moment, and am wondering if a full reset will actually help for the long term. I thought the whole idea of KK was to improve performance on less capable hardware. If that is really the case, something is horribly wrong on mine.

Note that I have no interest in rooting or flashing unless it is absolutely necessary.

I was having the same issue. Did a hard reset and all is back the way it should be. Will skip Lollipop