Help with softbricked nexus 7.

darkmech

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
My nexus 7 wont boot past the Google logo , i can get in to recovery mode but factory restore does nothing , just says wiping data and stays there.
I tried using nexus toolkit , when i try to unlock bootloader it says unlocking, screen turns off when i turn it back on it still is locked. Is there anything else i can do??

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Look up wugfresh toolkit on YouTube, if you have access to a computer follow the steps and you will be up and running.. Sorry out to dinner or would offer better help

Sent from my rooted Vzw LG G3 on a couch in Portland Oregon

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Look up wugfresh toolkit on YouTube, if you have access to a computer follow the steps and you will be up and running.. Sorry, I'm out to dinner or would offer better help

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
My nexus 7 wont boot past the Google logo , i can get in to recovery mode but factory restore does nothing , just says wiping data and stays there.
I tried using nexus toolkit , when i try to unlock bootloader it says unlocking, screen turns off when i turn it back on it still is locked. Is there anything else i can do??
You'll need to flash the factory image, which can be found here: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Follow the instructions to install the factory image here: How to manually update your Nexus | Android Central

Let us know how it goes.

darkmech

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Look up wugfresh toolkit on YouTube, if you have access to a computer follow the steps and you will be up and running.. Sorry out to dinner or would offer better help

I tried this , it still wont unlock the bootloader and i'm not able to flash any factory images.

umamiking

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I am having this exact same issue. After upgrading to Lollipop, my stock Nexus 7 (2012) restarted one day and can't get past the Google logo. I can't unlock the bootloader to push a new stock rom. And I suspect it's so far past warranty that there's nothing that can be done. If you find a solution, please let me know.

Edit: I think I actually have the 2013 version.

Last edited:

darkmech

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I havent found anything but i think its most likely the memory is corrupted. On another forum i posted on someone replied :

"I had the same issue last week, got all sorts of "can't mount /cache" error lines when I tried to clear cache or format the tablet. Unlocking bootloader also didn't do anything after waiting for an hour.

searched the errors, turned out the flash memory was probably corrupted.

sent it in for RMA, got it back today (with Jellybean...) so I just flashed it with 5.0.1, seems to be working fine again lost all data obviously, but I have anything critical backed up anyway

They replaced some "parts" according to the store. I notice the serial number is different in the bootloader but I'm pretty sure it's my own tablet judging by a small chip in the bezel. Guess they replaced the mainboard?"

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine did the same thing. I sent it to Asus for repair, thinking that if it cost too much I just wouldn't repair it. Asus repaired it at no charge. I was shocked!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey