I was getting impatient waiting for my lollipop upgrade to come so I decided to try and sideload the OTA file manually for the first time on my 2012 Nexus 7. Everything is working fine until I get the tablet into recovery mode and select "apply update from adb". At that point I hear the computer disconnect from the Nexus and if I try to send the ota file it says the device is not found. In device manager it shows that the driver is not working. When I reboot the nexus it reappears to my computer and I can communicate to it again. Does anyone know what's going on?
    01-02-2015 03:14 AM
    I finally figured out I needed to uninstall the driver windows had installed for my nexus and manually install the google usb driver that comes with the sdk. Once I installed 5.0 I immediately got the notification to install the 5.0.2 OTA from Google. Everythings up and running and so far so good.
    01-02-2015 06:38 PM
    I finally figured out I needed to uninstall the driver windows had installed for my nexus and manually install the google usb driver that comes with the sdk. Once I installed 5.0 I immediately got the notification to install the 5.0.2 OTA from Google. Everythings up and running and so far so good.
    How did you do that? There is no driver installed for my Nexus 5, it just shows up as a USB connected media device. If I try to update the driver and point it to the one in SDK it says no driver can be found.
    01-17-2015 11:12 AM