Why won't my Nexus 7 boot past 4 circles?

anon(4304805)

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Nexus 7 Wont Boot Past 4 Circles

Im having some major troubles with my Nexus 7. About a week ago i started noticing that it was running really slowly and then suddenly all the apps started crashing at once. I would have to reboot it to stop apps crashing but it would just happen again eventually when doing something simple like switching from my email app to chrome. Then it turned off in the night once and it wouldn't boot past the 4 circles the next day. It still charges fine and i can boot into recovery menu. I erased the cache and then tried a factory reset. It still wouldn't boot past the 4 circles until i had wiped it about 4 or 5 times. First time i turned it off after getting it working again the same thing happened. It wont boot past the 4 circles. Ive got it working again now but having to do a factory reset every time i want to turn it on is ridiculous. Its out of warranty by a year but ive kept it in a case every day since i got it and its in perfect condition. I cant see why its suddenly refusing to work properly. I really dont want to send it off for repair so i would appreciate any help. I've been googling it for days but cant find a solution to the problem.

Last edited:

fed123

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Nexus 7 Wont Boot Past 4 Circles

I am having the same issue but mine is not resetting, it just reboots.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

anon(4304805)

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site

No one has any suggestions? I cant be the only one with this problem. I had the crashing problem again this morning after having the nexus working fine all night. Suddenly started getting pop ups like process com.android.systemui, google launcher, google play store crashed and one or two others i cant remember the full name of. Had to power it off because it became unusable and then it was stuck at the 4 circles again. I left it on the circles for a few hours to see if it would eventually turn on. Went to check it and it had turned itself off and now i cant get it to turn on at all. Asus didnt give me any advice, just said to return it and it would cost £45+ -_-

anon(4304805)

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site

Thanks, i just tried that yesterday but i installed the latest android lollipop instead. It seems to be working fine now but im still too scared to turn it off in case it doesn't turn on again haha. I would really like to know what caused this problem in the first place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad