Lollipop 5.0.2

Mst99

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
After the 5.0 update made my 2012 nexus 7 virtually unusable, the 5.0.2 was pushed to it over the air. I'm happy to say that this update fixed all the lag. It's night and day difference. To those who are frustrated with the 5.0 update, hang in there. The 5.0.2 will get your tab back to normal.

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Personally, after the OTA 5.0.2, I was still having lag and crashes. I had gone to Dolphin browser since chrome was so horrible. Even Dolphin started crashing. Since it wasn't majorly better, I decided to do the factory reset option. I then chose set up as new so I could choose what apps loaded. So far, it is better. I'm using chrome and it wasn't anything like I experienced with 5.0. Verdict is still out since I have so few apps but it is seemingly better.

dcleveng

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Received my OTA last night as well - 4.4.4 to 5.0.2

So far it seems to run really well, feels more fluid than KitKat actually. I'm just hoping it stays that way. I haven't done a factory reset and if it keeps running well I don't think I will.

Wynnsman

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Got mine last night, still very laggy, did a cache wipe but still pretty slow. I guess ill do a factory reset tonight.

Old Geezer

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Is it even possible to "Go Back" to an Android version that actually works? Downloaded 5.0.2 this a.m. & now my tablet is totally screwed! HATE the "New" home screen, [but can live with it], HATE the "New" totally worthless keyboard, [but can live with it]. What I canNOT live with is the tablet shutting down all by itself whenever it feels like it! Have done "Factory reset" twice to no avail, in two+ years, never had ANY problems until now. Thanx in advance..."O.G.'

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Is it even possible to "Go Back" to an Android version that actually works? Downloaded 5.0.2 this a.m. & now my tablet is totally screwed! HATE the "New" home screen, [but can live with it], HATE the "New" totally worthless keyboard, [but can live with it]. What I canNOT live with is the tablet shutting down all by itself whenever it feels like it! Have done "Factory reset" twice to no avail, in two+ years, never had ANY problems until now. Thanx in advance..."O.G.'
If your tablet is unlocked then sure you can flash the Google Factory Images and go back in time as much as Google provides in images.

But 5.0.2 shouldn't be giving you too much trouble, I updated to it immediately when the factory images became available and my tablet went from wonky on Android 5.0 to usable again w/ 5.0.2 . Give it a day or two to settle in, like most updates it takes the device some cycling to smooth things out.

You could try booting into your stock recovery and clearing cache which should help clear some cobwebs out. Also a couple reboots wouldn't hurt either to give the device a chance to run through the entire shutdown/startup process a few times.

Good luck! Let us know how things go.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
No one can say there haven't been any warnings updating to 5.02.

I was one that couldn't wait and flashed 5.02. It was ok for awhile, even after a factory reset.I still started getting really laggy and I had issues opening apps.

I reverted back to 4.4.4 and will stay there until the bugs are worked out.

NSILMike

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Rumors are showing up in the news that 5.1 is coming in February. Not much detail about it but supposed to improve battery mgmt even more than 5.0.2

Old Geezer

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Thanx Paul, but terms like "You could try booting into your stock recovery and clearing cache" might as well be in Greek. I just turn on my tablet & use it. Could not possibly care less about having the "Latest & Greatest" update of the week. [Especially when it causes me so much grief!] Found a local PC guy who thinks he remove this P.O.S. & return me to 4.4.4 [which worked perfectly for my needs] for $40. Have already lost one app that's apparently no longer available thru trying to "reset". Can't see where the reset accomplished anything good at all. Thanx again..."O.G."

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanx Paul, but terms like "You could try booting into your stock recovery and clearing cache" might as well be in Greek. I just turn on my tablet & use it. Could not possibly care less about having the "Latest & Greatest" update of the week. [Especially when it causes me so much grief!] Found a local PC guy who thinks he remove this P.O.S. & return me to 4.4.4 [which worked perfectly for my needs] for $40. Have already lost one app that's apparently no longer available thru trying to "reset". Can't see where the reset accomplished anything good at all. Thanx again..."O.G."

I completely agree with you. You shouldn't be forced into having to deal with a buggy update or have to learn how to do certain things just to enjoy your product. Only reason I mentioned about booting into recovery and clearing cache is its an alternative that sometimes works compared to a factory reset.

I hope you can get your device back to KitKat 4.4.4 and enjoy it :)

- Paul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze