New update made my nexus unuseable (5.0.2)video))

msenturk

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys
I have a little problem My nexus used to run kitkat 4.4.4 which was fine until the last few weeks. Then it went a bit sluggish over the past 2 weeks. The other day I got a system update notification. So I applied the update and ever since then my nexus has been virtually unusable, nothing is working correctly, it crashes, freezes doesn't respond, & opening app's takes forever if it opens at all.

Please see attached video and any help would be much appreciated

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2esb9s_mvi-4157_tech

Last edited:

msenturk

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the advice B. Diddy, done that but its still the same. :/
I still have problems (Facebook, chrome, eBay etc. not working proper) and sometimes im getting messages like "Process system isn`t responding" "System IU isn`t responding"?

I've noticed another thing today, Photo Gallery not working properly either... before when I`ve uploaded & opened photos in my nexus they always use to look sharp, but now all pictures just look blurry when you open on full screen. :/

Is there any chance of resetting my nexus back to kitkat 4.4.4 version or somehow re load the software, as things seemed fine (or better) than now since the upgrade!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtVcyBY1inE&feature=youtu.be

msenturk

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Just put it in to safe Mode so will see What will happen from now on.

I upload an image using nexus media importer to my HTC m8 and does exactly the same thing when I use Google's photo app, but doesn't do it in HTC's own photo gallery, crops it perfect.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 4402.jpg
    4402.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 4401.jpg
    4401.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 33

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
For me, 4.4.4 KitKat worked great. I updated to 5.0 and had lag, freezes and random reboots...similar to what your video shows. I updated to 5.0.2 and it's running much better. Slows down at times, but nowhere near as bad as it was under 5.0. Might be time for a factory data reset.

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
My wife's N7 was doing the same thing...lags, freezes and a pissed off wife. LOL Did the reset and all in the world is good again. :)

Thanks!!

drew_t

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
For those who are saying that they have gotten 5.0.2 to work well, I would be curious if you could try loading either tmz.com or sfgate.com in your browser of choice (the full versions of the websites, not the mobile versions), and report on the extent to which you can or cannot scroll down the pages without the tablet locking up and becoming unresponsive.

anon(9292698)

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
This new update has rendered 90% of my games unplayable. They crash at start up. I have done a full factory reset and reloaded all my apps. It was working fine until this "Fix". Any other ideas/suggestions?

msenturk

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Sorry about the late reply been busy at work,
Thanks for your advice, I cleared the cache and did a factory reset and so far seems to be working much better than it was, but still sometimes facebook crashes, gallery still isn't working proper and having problems with sound on the device like when watching a vid you try turn down the sound but instead turns down the device sound