My Nexus 7 has completely drained it's battery and none of the chargers I have work. There is no connection at all.
    03-16-2015 05:08 PM
    Plug a charger in (it doesn't matter which one, as long as it has the same plug as the phone and it works on any other phone) and leave it plugged in for 24 hours.

If that doesn't give you at least some battery (even enough to turn the screen on for a second or two), the battery probably drained to less than 1%. When lithium batteries do that, the last thing they do is disconnect themselves from the terminals - basically like blowing a fuse. The reason is that charging a fully discharged (0%) lithium battery can result in a pretty powerful explosion (it would at least put you in the hospital if you're sitting in front of the phone when it happened).

If that's the case, you need a new battery. In the future, unless it's impossible, don't let the battery get below 40%. ("Impossible" meaning you're trapped in your car that just went over a cliff and is upside down, and your battery is at 38%. Call 911 and the heck with the battery. Dead people don't need phones.)

For your next phone, if you can't find one that will give you enough battery to last from 100% to 40% in the time you need between charges, buy a phone with a replaceable battery and buy a spare. Keep the fully charged spare in your pocket (in a plastic bag, at least - you don't want a key or a coin to short the battery when it's in your pocket unless you really need your leg amputated) and swap batteries when the phone in the phone gets down to 40%. Change them around every month. (I have batteries that are over 10 years old and are still giving me 95% capacity - the phone is an old flip phone that's not good for much more than phone calls, but if i may lose or damage my phone, that's the one I take. Replacing it on Craig's List would probably cost $10 for a couple of them if the seller wasn't trying to rip me off.)
    03-16-2015 05:36 PM