How can I refresh my Nexus 7 tablet?

A

AC Question

How to refresh my Nexus 7 tablet

My tablet has gotten REALLY slow, all of a sudden and I've been trying to cope but it hasn't gotten any better. So I want to wipe it but keep all my data. One big problem is the usb port worked once and hasn't work since I didn't do anything! Plugged it in once transferred some stuff and then tried the next day and the computer doesn't even recognise something is in the usb port, still charges though. There is the whole google back-up thing but not sure how good or how much that stores. Any advice would be great!

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: How to refresh my Nexus 7 tablet

Welcome.
First try a different USB cable. If it does, move all of your data (pics, ringtones, downloads) to your PC or laptop and then do a Factory Reset.

Let us know if that does not work.

Mav. :cool:

Mc_Man165

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: How to refresh my Nexus 7 tablet

Welcome.
First try a different USB cable. If it does, move all of your data (pics, ringtones, downloads) to your PC or laptop and then do a Factory Reset.

Let us know if that does not work.

Mav. :cool:

Hi, I made an account. I have tried other cables, like my phone cable which I still use to transfer files to my phone but it still doesn't work. I would love to move my stuff but annoyingly I can't. I tired the USB debug mode as well and nothing popped up, my computers (yes i have tried multiple) and tablet just don't talk :(. Also as a side note the tablet is 3+ years old now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy