Can someone help me fix my Nexus?

ChrisD43

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
My Nexus won't do anything!!! Help please.

I've been having problems (performance and hanging apps) with my Nexus 7 2012 on Android 5.1
I read all the suggestions, and decided first to get into recovery mode and wipe the Recovery Cache.
Well, I screwed it up, and pressed the wrong buttons and got a "No Command" message with the Android on its side with the red exclamation mark. I read up how to clear this - and pressed volume up and power for 3 second before releasing volume up.
The screen went black, and it has remainned so, I just can't power on, get back into Recovery mode or anything. It is a dead Nexus.
If anyone can suggest how I breath life into this Norwegian Blue, please let me know, otherwise I don't know what to do.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Nexus won't do anything!!! Help please.

OK, which command did you select instead of clearing the cache?
Being that it won't power on did you try holding down the power button for 30 seconds?
Where was the battery percentage at when this was going on?
If nothing was cleared or deleted, you should still be ok.
try holding down the power button for 30 seconds and get back to me

ChrisD43

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site

OK, I sorted it - a web site I checked said hold power down for a minute and it revived. Is there anywhere that all these "unusual" key combinations etc are documented?

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site

OK, I sorted it - a web site I checked said hold power down for a minute and it revived. Is there anywhere that all these "unusual" key combinations etc are documented?

I know once you get to the Android and red Triangle, you just need to press power and volume up (just a quick press at the same time.... No need to hold them for 3 seconds) to get into the recovery mode...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781