Why does my Nexus 7 (2013) work without the back cover and not when cover is put back on?

A

AC Question

Nexus 7 (2013) works without back cover and not when cover is put back on.

Nexus 7 (2013) 2nd Gen

The screen has been changed and boots up fine and works, once I put the back cover back on it does not boot up. I did get the flashing white light at once stage and then a constant white light on another occasion. It is charged 40%.

Anyone come across this and a fix.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nexus 7 (2013) works without back cover and not when cover is put back on.

Nexus 7 (2013) 2nd Gen

The screen has been changed and boots up fine and works, once I put the back cover back on it does not boot up. I did get the flashing white light at once stage and then a constant white light on another occasion. It is charged 40%.

Anyone come across this and a fix.

Take the back cover off and check the wireless charging connectors. Make sure they are not messed up and causing some kind of short.

Balr

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the input, just noticed that it does boot up but the display is very dim that you can just about make out what is on the screen. I tried putting a sheet of paper to cover all the wireless connections but still no good unless the connections are still being made through the paper.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the input, just noticed that it does boot up but the display is very dim that you can just about make out what is on the screen. I tried putting a sheet of paper to cover all the wireless connections but still no good unless the connections are still being made through the paper.

Check the display ribbon, maybe it is coming loose when you put the back cover on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance