How can I get my Nexus 7 to turn on?

Miles TDK

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
My Nexus 7 wont turn on at all!

Ok so here is the story. Before last week friday, I havent used my nexus in a year because I had no idea what was wrong with device that wouldnt let me charge. Then one day home from spring break I looked at it and figured it out and I ordered the part. I fixed it on Friday and it was working and everything! I was on it all day Friday and Saturday and half of Sunday. Then late that Sunday evening, I was going to listen to music then it started freezing up. I was trying to skip songs but had a slow reaction to it. The battery was on 60% so it shouldnt be the battery. Then the tablet shut off and never turned back on. I even charged it the whole night and nothing. I plugged it into the computer and get APX mode. Ever since Monday morning, I have been looking for solutions and I believe none were really successful. I did manage to change driver to Android Composite ADB Interface or something like that. Can anyone offer any other solutions please? It just doesnt make since that I was using the tablet then shut off all of a sudden.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: My Nexus 7 wont turn on at all!

Ok so here is the story. Before last week friday, I havent used my nexus in a year because I had no idea what was wrong with device that wouldnt let me charge. Then one day home from spring break I looked at it and figured it out and I ordered the part. I fixed it on Friday and it was working and everything! I was on it all day Friday and Saturday and half of Sunday. Then late that Sunday evening, I was going to listen to music then it started freezing up. I was trying to skip songs but had a slow reaction to it. The battery was on 60% so it shouldnt be the battery. Then the tablet shut off and never turned back on. I even charged it the whole night and nothing. I plugged it into the computer and get APX mode. Ever since Monday morning, I have been looking for solutions and I believe none were really successful. I did manage to change driver to Android Composite ADB Interface or something like that. Can anyone offer any other solutions please? It just doesnt make since that I was using the tablet then shut off all of a sudden.

Welcome to Android Central!

So does the Nexus 7 power on when you plug in to the computer or does it just display charging and your computer sees it plugged in? What was the part that you replaced?

Miles TDK

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site

I replaced the charging port. The computer knows whether or not the device is on because when I hold the power button the computer knows its off. I do it again and the computer knows its on. Nothing appears on Nexus 7 screen

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

I replaced the charging port. The computer knows whether or not the device is on because when I hold the power button the computer knows its off. I do it again and the computer knows its on. Nothing appears on Nexus 7 screen

Have tired taking it apart again to see if maybe the display ribbon came lose or something?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze