Nexus 7 2012 bin or not bin?

modm1

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi, 8ve read alot about nexus 7 crashing, slowing down and not charging. So far I have cleared system cache (as advised on this forum) ive changed developer options (as advised by a tech article written in a UK newspaper} I've restored factory settings a few times at the beginning of the trouble and have about 5 gig free space on the device. The latest update i waited about 3 weeks before I installed it. But still system ui crashes, process crashes, chrome, kindle, lock screen sometimes takes about 5mins to unlock. Its virtually useless and has beenclike that for nearly a year.

Also sometimes it can charge in 3 hours and sometimes in 15. I d/l a battery monitor and sometimes the most I can get is 200Ma. Ive read here about replacing the USB jack but not savvy enough to try myself, however desperate times.

What's the verdict folks? My tablet which I used a great deal is really just a paper weight at this stage.

Thanks,

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I assume you're currently running 5.1.1 so I'll take it from there.
Have you tried clearing the cache in recovery (most times this will get you up & running)? If that does not help, your next option is a full factory data reset (start fresh with 5.1.1).
Both options are preformed in recovery.
Power off your N7, now hold down the power button & the volume down button till the tablet boots to the little android on his back. Release the power & volume down button then press & hold the power button - now hit volume up (may take a few tries) till you get into recovery.
Now use the volume rocker to make selections & power button to confirm. Select wipe/clear cache then select reboot. Try that out & see if things get better.
If not repeat that process but this time select factory data reset ( wipes your tablet clean so back up important pics & data first). You'll have basically a clean install of 5.1.1 :)
replacing the micro USB/3.5mm headphone jack combo is probably what's going to help your battery fast charge like it used to they tend to die after a while. Its not very hard & there are plenty of threads here to walk you through and also videos on YouTube.
in the end if your tablet doesn't get any better it could be the flash memory is just going out and you may need to just replace the tablet.
Good luck :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz