I have a Nexus 7 that won't charge or turn on. How can I get it working?

A

AC Question

I have a Nexus 7 that won't charge or turn on.

I have tried holding the power button for 30 + seconds. Iv'e tried plugging it in and holding the power and volume down button at the same time. I have taken the back off and made sure the battery connector was all the way in, and even unplugged the battery and let it sit for a couple of minutes and plugged it back in and still nothing. I even made sure I was using the factory tablet charger and not just any cell phone charger. These steps worked before but not this time. Is there anything else that I can try to get it to charge and power on? I would really appreciate any help you could give me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: I have a Nexus 7 that won't charge or turn on.

Welcome to Android Central! It could be a dead battery, or possibly a dead motherboard. You could try replacing the battery on your own, but you'd probably need a technician to check on the motherboard.

tcat57

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: I have a Nexus 7 that won't charge or turn on.

Have had to replace the charger/usb port on my 7. If contact is lost in that port due to wear it won't charge and if no charge, it will run down dead and won't respond to the on/off switch - your symptoms.