Why won't my 2012 Nexus 7 charge?

A

AC Question

My 2012 Nexus 7 will not charge

The charge cable(s) have been plugged in for 12 hours. The Chargers and cables are the original Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 chargers. The charger has been stuck on 32% and the tablet shows that it is charging.

I've done a reboot.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My 2012 Nexus 7 will not charge

Welcome to Android Central! In the Settings>Battery ​menu, does it say Charging (AC) or Charging (USB)?

tab4us

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the assistance.
It was on AC.

I had unpluged the USB to the charger four or five times and it did not solve the problem. Then did it 20 times and also unpluged the micro USB port 20 times from the Nexus. And the tablet charged as it should. Problem solved.

But, don't know where the problem was.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if the USB port is starting to fail. To be safe, make sure any important data on the tablet is backed up or synced somewhere.

tab4us

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if the USB port is starting to fail. To be safe, make sure any important data on the tablet is backed up or synced somewhere.

Thanks for your warning comment. Micro USB connection may be failing. Several times since the post above the tablet failed to charge. At other times it does charge.

Gentle wiggling of the micro USB sometimes does give a charge.

Am begin shopping for a 2013 Nexus 7. Although there does seem complaints regarding the reliability of the 2013. But hard to sort out if it is greater than the norm for tablets. It price is a significant advantage.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Am begin shopping for a 2013 Nexus 7. Although there does seem complaints regarding the reliability of the 2013. But hard to sort out if it is greater than the norm for tablets. It price is a significant advantage.

My first 2013 N7 is still going strong--it's a great tablet. I just bought another one (brand new from Groupon for only $110!) as a gift for my daughter. Both were recently updated to Android 6.0.1!

tab4us

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Update: I have got my Nexus to charge for the past two weeks by plugging and unplugging the Micro USP connector about twenty times. Or, plugging and unplugging my USB connector to the charger about the same number of times. I do know that plugging and unplugging the USB to the charger or the micros USB to the Nexus for just a couple of times does not work.

Sometimes it would not work at the micro USB connections and would work when plugged and unplugged the USB connector at the charger.

Am curious what is going on. Shortly, I'm going to purchase a Nexus 7 2013.

I've searched for how to transfer my apps to my new device. Somewhat confusing though. Would appreciate a link that is the clearest.

MightyT01

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: My 2012 Nexus 7 will not charge

FYI, I've repaired my 2012 N7 USB port twice now with great success. The only reason I repaired it twice was because of the headphone jack going bad the second time, which is connected to the usb port. Ifixit has complete instructions, so does Youtube. Cheap parts and tools are available on Amazon.

Paul Inwood

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
After much research on why my nexus 7 was so slow took 20 hours to charge if at all I decided to take advice I found and went from android 5.1.1 to 4.4.4 the tablet is now usable again running it was out of the box 3 years ago thanks to everyone who posted this fix

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae