Start up speed - more hardware or program related?

CompuDino

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
One of the negatives that I have had to learn to live with about my Nexus 7 is the very slow way that it 'comes alive'. It requires about 45 seconds between pressing the ON button until the welcoming screen appears. Not only is this annoying in these electronic times, but it also doesn't make it conducive for convenient & efficient use of this device. Yes there is a 'sleep' option that one can make use of by briefly one-pressing the ON button, but the 'sleep' mode can drain battery use with less visibility of that.

So my question is - Which impacts the start up time most - hardware (processor/ram) or program (Android/versions)?

Being able to have such an insight would make it easier for me to decide IF I want to upgrade to a newer, 'better' device and what factors to consider most important when I do that.

Thanks for any and all feedback.

CompuDino

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Wow - 55 views and no replies? That is astonishing considering this is a 'geek rich' site! I would have thought that there would be at least a couple of insights shared. Or is it that Android Central is only about the programs, not the hardware?