How do I get my Nexus 7 (2012) out of this boot loop?

A

AC Question

How do i get my nexus 7 (2012) out of this boot loop?

Last week my tablet started a boot loop.
I was able to get it into recovery mode, so I tried clearing the cache. I didn't see any difference.

After that, I thought maybe if I cleared all the user data it would work. Still no dice.

So for the last five days or so, I've been trying to download and install a clean image, only to discover my nexus 7 will no longer connect to my PC. The problem here is that Windows 10 doesn't recognize my tablet as an android device. Even afer deleting the old drivers and installing the latest version, Windows insists my tablet is an unidentified device (and that the new drivers are either not for this device or not for a 64 bit operating system).

So, I'm stuck with a device that reboots before it even finishes loading the lock screen, won't communicate with my PC, and won't reset to factory conditions.

Is there anything else I can do with this, or is it just landfill material now?

phaselocked

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Re: How do i get my nexus 7 (2012) out of this boot loop?

I tried that for about 3 days, it doesn't even detect the device.

Also, there's no way to access the setting menu, so there's no way to enable USB debugging.

I can get into fastboot mode, but any procedure that requires me to actually boot the android OS and change settings is a non-starter.

phaselocked

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site

OK, after going through about 4 cables I found one that works...but the boot loop is still preventing me from changing any settings

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Wugfresh should be able to resolve the bootloop issue without USB debugging enabled. Use the softbrick/bootloop option

phaselocked

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site

I'm trying that. It wants to unlock before wiping/restoring.
When it tries to unlock, it warns me that it may appear to be bootlooping, but I should just wait.
I've been waiting about an hour now, it won't stop looping

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX