nexus 7 is dead slow..

ss_10

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
i have nexus 7 2012 tablet running on android version 5.1.1.. it is dead slow in working as well as charging but pretty fast in battery draining.. it is so frustrating.. i feel like it is of no use but i do not like to waste a hardware just like that..
i googled this issue and realized that it is not just me and i tried few methods but the methods that worked for others didn't work on mine.. clearing cache or reset to factory data reset or disable back up sync or reboot.. nada.. didn't work.. only time it was functioning properly was when i did factory reset and didn't log in to my account,, but android without signing is of no use,, can't even access play store..

does anyone know solution for this issue??

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
One option that you would have is to flash the ROM back to KitKat, rather than Lollipop. You would need to do a backup prior to unlocking the bootloader, if your bootloader is not already unlocked.

The factory images are available here. You'll want nakasi if you have a WiFi tablet or nakasig if you have a device that has a SIM card.