ethernet

and9988

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I have totally reset my 7 tablet 2012 and have to set up again. If I get a micro usb to ethernet adaptor will my wiped machine accept it as a internet connection.???

brainvision

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't get the sense of your question, sorry.. Do you maybe need to restore the official google rom or what?
If it's only about internet, did you considered tethering?

psiphi

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I use a trendnet tu2-et100 USB to Ethernet adapter with a POWERED USB hub on an OTG cable. Works great with my Nexus 7 2012 and my Nexus 10. The Nexus 10 is stock, but the 7 is running latest stable CM version so have not tested stock Nexus 7 but pretty sure it should be OK.

You can skip using the powered hub, but the battery on the tablet will drain much faster.

and9988

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I try to connect via wifi and I get a message" webpage not available...clients3 google.com.....err name not resolved...
This is after I reset it. Is there any way around this???

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That may have more to do with your wi-fi network rather than the device. Can you connect to other wi-fi networks?

and9988

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
i finally got it going and updated to 5.1. But I dont see anything under wifi referring to ethernet....but online people say you can do ethernet. Now I just need someone with a Windows PC that knows how to get CM in there.
Can I use an external keyboard with this thing???
Can you routinely run the clear `cache thing(On button and volume up for 3 seconds) to speed things up???
How do you keep Google from bloating the tablet with sales crap???
Can you make this tablet go to simple black and white to save energy??
I cant find one store that stocks a micro usb to ethernet adaptor....

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
But I dont see anything under wifi referring to ethernet....but online people say you can do ethernet.
There wouldn't be any kind of ethernet setting in the wi-fi settings. When you say you finally got it going, do you mean that you got the wi-fi to work, or that you successfully connected to an ethernet connection via an adapter?

Can I use an external keyboard with this thing?
You should be able to use a Bluetooth keyboard, or a basic USB keyboard via an OTG adapter.

How do you keep Google from bloating the tablet with sales crap?
Not sure what you mean by this. The Nexus line doesn't have bloatware, apart from Google apps. Are you getting popup ads? If so, they're not from Google -- they're more likely from some kind of adware you (inadvertently) installed alongside some other app.

Can you make this tablet go to simple black and white to save energy?
This is only effective for devices with AMOLED displays. The 2012 Nexus 7 uses an IPS LCD.