Which apps to install to Android 7.1 on Nexus 7 2012?

hangman89

Nov 12, 2018
Visit site
Hoping i could bring new life to my old Nexus 7 i have installed an Android 7.1.2 AOSP Build 2018 Nougat Custom Firmware. The tablet is running smooth now but the problem is i don't have any apps on it and no play store to download apps from...
I have tried installing gapps pico, as trying with nano gave the insufficient storage error but the tablet kept crashing. I then decided i could push apps from the PC directly and tried installing the apk for google play store which then required google play services so i alos pushed that but they keep crashing...
My question would be: what should i install to get google play store running? from there i assume i can get more apps and make the tablet usable again...i'm not good at programming my own ROM's or whatever but i have managed to get this far with the tutorials i found online...however for these issues i can't find anything..

hangman89

Nov 12, 2018
Visit site
I used the files and followed the steps from this tutorial: https://www.teamandroid.com/2018/07...7-1-2-aosp-build-2018-nougat-custom-firmware/

Since asking this question i managed to install chrome, facebook and messenger which all work fine and also youtube, which doesn’t work, saying it needs google play services, which are not supported by my device (??)

I’m very pleased with how the 6 year old tablet works until now but i’d like to get google play store to work to be able to install some apps for which i didn’t find an apk to download...