Nexus 7: Who's getting the newest goodness from Google & ASUS ?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
So we've all been reading about it and getting little tid bits more of information every day. Sounding like a great follow up to what was already an awesome tablet.

So you getting one? Here is your chance to sound off if your getting one or not :D

Note: No trolling/flaming or other unnecessary posts please. These will be handled appropriately by your awesome moderation team.

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(5857193)

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nexus 7 : Who's getting the newest goodness from Google & ASUS ?

I'm getting the 32GB WiFi model as soon as possible! Looks like a number of stores near me will be carrying it, so no need to deal with Google Play. I'm pretty excited to finally get this.

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

I have been waiting for this for a while. I am planning to pick up the 32GB WiFi version as soon as it is available locally.

F0REVERY0UNG-

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site

I'm curious about this too!
I haven't been on in a while, but all the N7 rumors have drawn me back. lol
I can't decide if I should get the new one or not, I've had my old one since about September-ish and it still works fine for me despite a very slight lag.
What's everyone else thinking about the New N7?

fishepa

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site

I will probably wait for some reviews before jumping on board. Can't decide between this and new ipad mini that is coming out.

Sent from my SCH-I545

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

Thinking about it! Sold my 1st gen right before prices dropped. I'll wait until I see it officially released and reviewed by AC/DL/Verge but knowing myself I'll get it. Also considering an iPad mini to change things up but no idea when that's being updated and it's pricier anyway.

Posted via Android Central App

RichardRight

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Visit site

My Nexus has been a faithful, daily companion to me for a year, and I will always have fond respect for the little guy. However, I posted it online to try to get money for the upgrade. Then something unexpected happened. Someone offered me a Kindle Fire HD 8.9 as a swap for the Nexus. Nearly new...used 3 or 4 times...but he had two and only needed one.

I got it home and fell in love with it. It has the same HD screen specs that the new Nexus has....but even though I always liked the smaller size tablet....I've now decided I like a larger screen for magazines and movies even more. The battery lasts an incredible 10 hours, and the stereo speakers are quite nice.

Still greatly appreciate the N7 and hope you fine folks enjoy the new one as I'm now enjoying my new Kindle HD.

Sent from my KFJWI using Android Central Forums

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

If it comes in 64 GB ,I may have to jump

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

I really am thinking about getting one. I just hope it has a more durable build than the current model. Mine was dropped by accident 2 feet down onto a table corner, and the screen completely shattered rendering the device useless. Good thing I had my durable ( and nearly indestructible ) Galaxy tab to use until I can afford a new one. I really do think that the new Nexus 7 seems like a really great tablet at a really great price, and I do plan on getting one when they are released.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy tab with Android 4.2.2

marcher22

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site

I probably would be more interested in it if I wasn't going to start my first year of engineering in the fall. With a Note 2 and a laptop already, I feel like any tablet would be a distraction.

Sent from my Note 2

anon(396452)

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

I'll get it. I use my N7 every day but there is such a lag now I think a faster processor and more RAM will make a huge difference. Bonus points if I can use it with the current N7 dock but it's not a deal-breaker.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

My Nexus has been a faithful, daily companion to me for a year, and I will always have fond respect for the little guy. However, I posted it online to try to get money for the upgrade. Then something unexpected happened. Someone offered me a Kindle Fire HD 8.9 as a swap for the Nexus. Nearly new...used 3 or 4 times...but he had two and only needed one.

I got it home and fell in love with it. It has the same HD screen specs that the new Nexus has....but even though I always liked the smaller size tablet....I've now decided I like a larger screen for magazines and movies even more. The battery lasts an incredible 10 hours, and the stereo speakers are quite nice.

Still greatly appreciate the N7 and hope you fine folks enjoy the new one as I'm now enjoying my new Kindle HD.

I also looked att the Kindle Fire. I was intrigued by the 7 inch version but ultimately had to go with the N7 because I really didn't want to have to invest in the Amazon ecosystem plus, $199 for a 32 GB N7 was to good of a deal.

Sent from my Nexus 7

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site

I am considering getting it for my wife for her birthday next month. I have not read anywhere yet whether there will be a GSM version and that may influence my decision.

ahaxton

May 10, 2010
Visit site

I'm trying to make up my mind. There are 2 things about the current model Nexus 7 that I find compelling. Most importantly, the price per GB. I can get a 32GB now from Staples for $199. If rumors are true, the 32GB N7 2 will be $269. Second, and sillier, I really like the dimpled rubber back. The Nexus 7 2 in pictures looks like it has a textured plastic back. On the other hand, if I go with the 16GB N7 2, the other specs are a big upgrade. I really like my 1080p screen on my One, and would really like to have one on my tablet. So I'm a bit torn between value and performance.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm trying to make up my mind. There are 2 things about the current model Nexus 7 that I find compelling. Most importantly, the price per GB. I can get a 32GB now from Staples for $199. If rumors are true, the 32GB N7 2 will be $269. Second, and sillier, I really like the dimpled rubber back. The Nexus 7 2 in pictures looks like it has a textured plastic back. On the other hand, if I go with the 16GB N7 2, the other specs are a big upgrade. I really like my 1080p screen on my One, and would really like to have one on my tablet. So I'm a bit torn between value and performance.

spend a little bit extra now rather than regretting it later. $269 is the retail price for 32Gb but you will get deals from those stores.

and also for that extra money you get double RAM, twices processor speed, better screen,front&back camera etc

knrstz64

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

I want to upgrade but no one is making the tablet I want to buy. If the tab 3 8.0 didn't have crap specs, I would buy it. I would prefer an 8 inch screen. At the time, my 16gb nexus 7 was as big as I could get for memory. I'll probably hold off to see what kind of battery life the new nexus 7 gets. Maybe Sony will come out with a 7 or 8 inch xperia tablet.

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site

Second, and sillier, I really like the dimpled rubber back. The Nexus 7 2 in pictures looks like it has a textured plastic back.
The Nexus 7 has a plastic back, not rubber.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

ahaxton

May 10, 2010
Visit site

The Nexus 7 has a plastic back, not rubber.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
Rubber or plastic, it is a soft-touch springy material that I find more pleasing to hold than hard plastics or even metal.

RichardRight

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Visit site

I'll get it. I use my N7 every day but there is such a lag now I think a faster processor and more RAM will make a huge difference. Bonus points if I can use it with the current N7 dock but it's not a deal-breaker.

Totally agree....and if it hadn't been for me scoring such a great deal on the Kindle HD I'd be right there with you regarding price.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7