Best Buy vs Play

SpyderHawke

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I looks like the prices at Best Buy and on Google Play are the same and either way I'll be paying tax. Does anyone have any thoughts over which would be more beneficial to buy from?

ricktat

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Look up the horror stories from last year about the Nexus 7 and accessories purchased from the Play store. From the early late pre-order shipments to taking 6 weeks to process a refund. My refund experience on a case kept me from buying a Nexus 4.

Best Buy has a 14 day return policy or 60 days if you are a Silver rewards with no restocking fee. Most states don't pay tax at Amazon so that can help too. Plus Google Play shipping is pretty expensive.

Ohh and other options will include Sams Club, Staples, and Gamestop though Gamestop has bad return policies. I am sure it will be coming soon to Walmart if not this week.

SpyderHawke

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I limited it to Best Buy because that was the only one I saw that had it available for preorder. Good other suggestions, though I'm betting the price would be the same at all of them (I have to pay tax with Amazon).

I honestly forgot about the preorder issues from the N7 so thank you for the reminder. I kind of wonder, though, if Google Play's preorders are delayed, would that mean so would Best Buy?

Seth_Brower

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
It wasn't loading up via Play for me, so as soon as the "Pre-Order" option went live again on Best Buy, I threw mine in.

It "should" be arriving at my work on Tuesday.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
For what it's worth, my experience pre-ordering from Google Play on the original N7 was flawless, as was the device. That doesn't mean there weren't some folks who had a bad experience, but it wasn't universal. The plus side of buying from Best Buy or another local retailer is that you have an easier return process if you have an issue early on. I'm not sure what the plus side is buying through Google Play (I personally think they should offer a little something, like a small credit in the GPlay store, but that might not go over well with retail partners.)

Seems like maybe Google offered longer customer service if you had issues, though, where if you bought from a retailer, you had to either work with the retailer during the first little bit (depending on store policy), and then you had to deal with ASUS directly after that - Google never got involved unless you ordered from them.

czervik85

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
When did amazon start selling the first nexus 7? I know it was available on the market place. If I can get it tax free with prime I will probably do that.

Posted via Android Central App

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to go to Best Buy next Tuesday and see if they have it in. If not, I'll order through Google Play.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Whichever one gives u a better warranty

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy is the place to get it. No hassle returns and exchanges and no restocking fee. If you end up getting a defective unit, just walk in and walk out with a new one. If you get a defective on on Google play, you have to go through 30 min to an hour troubleshooting with a google customer service agent and they poney up a credit card for them to hold funds for the cost of the replacement they send you while they wait for you to return the defective on. If you end up returning for a refund, you'll wait up to 6 weeks to get your money and you'll be missing the restocking fee. Not worth the risk with them. Too much hassle with google play with my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 4 orders.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
This is just the information I was looking for. I went ahead and pre ordered a new N7 through Best Buy. It was pretty easy and I didn't realize they had a 60 day return policy for premier silver reward members. I remember pre-ordering the N7 last year and people getting them from retail stores faster so, I thought I'd try this route vs. the Play store.

Liquidretro

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Do we know when Amazon will start selling the 2013 model? Being a prime customer in a state where Amazon doesn't charge tax, this seems like the place to get it assuming it will be the same price. If not Best buy or Staples seems like the best place to go locally.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Do we know when Amazon will start selling the 2013 model? Being a prime customer in a state where Amazon doesn't charge tax, this seems like the place to get it assuming it will be the same price. If not Best buy or Staples seems like the best place to go locally.

I would be surprised if Amazon starts selling the 2013 model right away. Wouldn't it cannabalize their Kindle Fire HD sales? Seems counterintuitive to me.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I would expect Amazon to sell it pretty much right away. Yes, they have the Kindle, but they still want sales and customers. They have the Chromecast right away.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Now that we're seeing Best Buys selling these for pick up in stores *today* I think that definitely answers your question, at least for anyone who wants to get their hands on one sooner rather than later! :)

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I would be surprised if Amazon starts selling the 2013 model right away. Wouldn't it cannabalize their Kindle Fire HD sales? Seems counterintuitive to me.

I bought mine from Amazon and it will be delivered Monday. I preordered from best buy but on the day of release(26th) they said it was back ordered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01