Google nexus 7 preorders

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I am very interested in purchasing a nexus 7 tablet. I have 2 questions, first, when they say the release date is July 30th do they mean it will be in stores that day? or just available online? If its available in stores, whats the likely hood of them selling out, do I need to camp out the night before or can I casually walk into best buy at 3 p.m. and buy one? If they are not available in stores that day I would probably pre order. If I pre order it through best buy, will I receive it July 30th or after then, and in order to get it the 30th would I need to get the expensive one day shipping or just standard free shipping. Thanks a lot for your time guys and I just realized that was like 8 questions!
~Dannen

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
They should be on the shelves on Tuesday. This was already confirmed by a leaked Best Buy flyer, so it will at least be there on Tuesday.

You don't need to camp out the night before like people do for iPads because it doesn't get that kind of hype and attention. I don't know about walking in at 3pm, but I plan on going before work since the store by me opens at 8am.

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
If its anything like last year, you will be able to walk into a store like Sams, BB etc and just walk out with one. There are NEVER lines of people waiting to get these devices. So, camping is really not something to worry about. The demand might be a little more this year since its in its second year. But its definitely not going to be anything like the hysteria that happens when a new i device launches.

Liquidretro

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
If amazon doesn't have it listed Tuesday morning, I am planning on walking into BB, Staples, Sams, etc and picking one up over lunch. Listening to the AC podcast yesterday it sounds like retailers have quite a few so it doesnt sound like it will be a huge rush like last time.

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
If I pre order from best buy will it come on July 30th, because i'm going on vacation on august 1st and would like to have for then. But as others have said I'll probably just go to best buy tat like 9 on the 30th and hopefully pick one up.

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
It should be on the shelf on the 30th. So if you go and pre order today it will be waiting for you to pick up on Tuesday and you won't have to worry about it being sold out.

The amazing galaxy s3 :D

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
If I try pre ordering it on best buy it only gives me the option to ship it to my house.
I'm not to certain, but I've heard that if you go into BB, that you can pre order in the store, and $50.00 deposit will hold it in the store and can be picked up "in store" on July 30th.

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I just got back from best buy it's a $50 deposit and then you pay the rest when you pick it up. I'm ready for Tuesday :D

nexus15

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
you were able to put down a deposit? I didn't see that mentioned anywhere? which item did you pick the 16gb or the 32? was the 32 an option?

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
They said I had to put down $50 towards it. And at my store they already had 10 in stock idk if it was 5 of each but they gave me the option of which one I wanted. I decided to go with the 32gb. But can't wait for Tuesday to pick it up!

chataulait

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I too would like to know when the cellular version will be available, and, if it can be used with the 3G network in other countries.
I'll travel abroad in September and really want to have a new Nexus 7 cellular version with me during the trip.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't remember hearing or reading anything about the cellular version outside of it being released "in the coming weeks". I don't think there was a specific date.

Speaking of which, if you have Amazon Prime you can order from them and for 8.99 have it delivered tomorrow (Saturday).
Amazon.com: ASUS New Nexus 7 FHD Tablet (7-Inch, 32GB, Black): Computers & Accessories

So I canceled my Best Buy pre-order and using the Amazon Prime trial, ordered it from Amazon with Saturday delivery. So here's hoping I get a tracking number today!

EDIT:
Apparently Best Buy is delivering some orders today and even selling them at local stores (might be specific locations).
Best Buy now selling the new Nexus 7, four days ahead of schedule | The Verge

I'm still keeping my Amazon order, ended up being cheaper since they don't charge sales tax and I can wait an extra day. :)

Last edited:

bearda

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't remember hearing or reading anything about the cellular version outside of it being released "in the coming weeks". I don't think there was a specific date.

Speaking of which, if you have Amazon Prime you can order from them and for 8.99 have it delivered tomorrow (Saturday).
Amazon.com: ASUS New Nexus 7 FHD Tablet (7-Inch, 32GB, Black): Computers & Accessories

So I canceled my Best Buy pre-order and using the Amazon Prime trial, ordered it from Amazon with Saturday delivery. So here's hoping I get a tracking number today!

EDIT:
Apparently Best Buy is delivering some orders today and even selling them at local stores (might be specific locations).
Best Buy now selling the new Nexus 7, four days ahead of schedule | The Verge

I'm still keeping my Amazon order, ended up being cheaper since they don't charge sales tax and I can wait an extra day. :)

I was a little confused on the cellular availability. When I was watching the liveblog it seemed like they said in the coming weeks at first, but then went back and corrected it to in the coming weeks for outside the US. Not sure if it's going to be ready for the 30th or not, but I'm hopeful.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I was a little confused on the cellular availability. When I was watching the liveblog it seemed like they said in the coming weeks at first, but then went back and corrected it to in the coming weeks for outside the US. Not sure if it's going to be ready for the 30th or not, but I'm hopeful.

Aha, didn't notice that. It might be a little worrisome that they don't have the LTE model displayed on the Play Store yet (they have the two WiFi models). Regardless, it sounds like it could be very soon.