Nexus 7 LTE version at retailers or just Google Play?

yoshi351

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know if retailers like gamestop is going to carry the LTE version of the Nexus 7 or its going to be on the playstore only?

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
It's hard to say at the moment. The Wi-Fi only versions will be available in retail outlets, currently preordering from Best Buy & Staples, but not sure about the LTE versions. The wording i can only find is 'compatible' with Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, but yet to suggest it will be sold 'by' them directly. I hope the carriers can sell direct, they usually offer a discount with a contract, reduce the upfront cost to even more affordable for some pretty great tech.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't think they have in the past.

Probably because there was no LTE version or one that worked on all carriers. Maybe LTE will be different.
I would hope there is no contract for LTE. Apple doesn't allow the carriers to require contracts on LYE iPad Mini's and full size iPads. Month to month only.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I doubt major retailers will regularly stock the LTE version, unless possibly if they are also trying to sell plans for it. Walmart only stocked one of the three models of the first gen N7. Hopefully it can be ordered through someplace like Amazon, but I would guess that most likely if you wanted to buy locally, it'll most likely have to come from someplace selling the service to go with it.

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I doubt major retailers will regularly stock the LTE version, unless possibly if they are also trying to sell plans for it. Walmart only stocked one of the three models of the first gen N7. Hopefully it can be ordered through someplace like Amazon, but I would guess that most likely if you wanted to buy locally, it'll most likely have to come from someplace selling the service to go with it.

Your words make perfect sense..
If they can ever fix all the issues with the N7 2013.. I think that is what is causing the delay in the release of the modem versions... Ah.. maybe one day they will get it right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781