Boot up process for Nexus 7 in landscape orientation?

armintz

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, this is my first post, and it's a slightly odd one. Before I get to that, I just bought my first Android powered device, the Nexus 7, strictly for use in my car - listening to music and streaming movies (for passengers). Thus far, pretty happy with it... I currently have an OTG cable with a 128gb flash drive connected to it (I have over 150gb of music + movies which is why I wanted a tablet that was capable of taking a USB). I successfully rooted it, downloaded StickMount, Nexus Media Importer and a few audio/video player app's (Poweramp, Dice, MX.)

My question is this: since the N7 is in landscape mode in my vehicle, is there anyway to make it boot up (with the Google logo, etc) in landscape instead of Portrait? Yes, I think I have OCD, but it just bugs me when I power this baby on to impress my friends and it loads sideways :confused:

Please don't judge me :)

Thanks in advance!

armintz

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
why do you power down the device completely? Why not just keep it in standby?

Good thinking. I've been doing a lot of restarting since I've noticed the OTG/USB connection seems to be a bit finicky. For example, sometimes PowerAmp notices the drive and plays my music perfectly, and other times it doesn't notice it at all. A restart sometimes fixes this.

P.s. mods, if you can move this to the correct forum that would be great. Sorry about that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith