Hey everyone i live in Canada and i am new to android, I was about to order a ipad mini but say this pop up. I want the lte version but its only for us carriers.

Will i be able to still us it on canada carriers, or is there a unlock i could use.

Sorry. dont know much about android at all. Im a disappointed apple fan. :P
    07-27-2013 12:49 AM
    There will be 2 LTE versions offered. One for Europe and one for North America. You should be good, but check the band info near the bottom of this review for further info: AnandTech | Nexus 7 (2013) - Mini Review
    07-27-2013 09:29 AM
    Hey Riley,
    Welcome to the AC Forums. As the above poster mentioned, you should be ok getting a Nexus 7. I would double check the frequencies your carrier uses against the specs sheet to be sure. I'd be happy to help with this, which carrier do you use?

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app
    07-27-2013 09:38 AM
    When will the Nexus 7 LTE version be available?
    07-27-2013 11:18 AM
    What's the frequency for Rogers . Want to try nexus lte on Rogers network
    08-05-2013 11:27 PM
    Use your phone as a hotspot and get a WiFI version. Rooted Android phones provide WIFI access point capability that don't incur any extra charges (aside for your normal data plan) from the carrier. For unrooted Android phones there is an app that does the same thing (I don't remember the name because my phone is rooted, but I used it for several months before I rooted my phone and it worked fine). LTE on a tablet doesn't make a lot of sense because 90% of the time when you are using a tablet (unlike a phone) you are near a WiFI access point and the rest of the time you can just use your phone as the access point. In the US Verizon charges $10 a month to add a tablet to a shared data plan, that's not terrible but why spend the money unless you are using LTE on your tablet all of the time.
    08-06-2013 12:44 PM
    Use your phone as a hotspot and get a WiFI version. Rooted Android phones provide WIFI access point capability that don't incur any extra charges (aside for your normal data plan) from the carrier. For unrooted Android phones there is an app that does the same thing (I don't remember the name because my phone is rooted, but I used it for several months before I rooted my phone and it worked fine). LTE on a tablet doesn't make a lot of sense because 90% of the time when you are using a tablet (unlike a phone) you are near a WiFI access point and the rest of the time you can just use your phone as the access point. In the US Verizon charges $10 a month to add a tablet to a shared data plan, that's not terrible but why spend the money unless you are using LTE on your tablet all of the time.
    Some of us spend a lot of time away from wifi. My train commute alone one way is an hour. For an extra $10 - $20 a month I am willing to spend the money to not have to tether all the time. I would say for me for me 10% is spent at home with wifi and 90% away.

BTW, pure Android devices already provide tethering. There is no need for a 3rd party app.
    08-06-2013 01:10 PM
    You mean it doesn't make sense for YOU. It does make sense for a lot of people who strange as it may seem, are not you.
    No Android phones require root to tether on Verizon LTE as part of the deal Verizon made to get more public spectrum. Neither do LTE iOS devices.
    08-06-2013 01:45 PM
    It depends on the carrier. Don't know what Rogers does in Canada but here in the States Verizon requires an extra $20/month to use the built in hotspot control. If you root the phone or use the app to enable it then they don't charge you, I've done both. The FCC fined Verizon a million bucks for trying to block those apps so it's perfectly OK to use them.
    08-06-2013 04:28 PM
    When will the LTE version be available from US carriers? I know this was asked a few weeks ago - with no response. I've looked everywhere for even a rumor about availability date - and nothing. Has anyone heard anything at all?
    08-07-2013 08:56 AM
    When will the LTE version be available from US carriers? I know this was asked a few weeks ago - with no response. I've looked everywhere for even a rumor about availability date - and nothing. Has anyone heard anything at all?
    All we know is that at launch it was stated, "in the coming weeks."

Posted via Android Central App on Manta Ray
    DRHamp likes this.
    08-07-2013 09:17 AM