Screen suddenly stopped displaying reds - Nexus 7 32GB 3G

irsansom

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I am completely new to this so apologies if I am in the wrong place etc.

I recently bought a Nexus 7 32GB 3G model of ebay (first mistake perhaps) from somebody who had used it a few times but decided they didn't like it.

I received the device in it's original packaging etc and it worked perfectly for about 10 days - love the device. However suddenly without any damage at all, the screen has stopped displaying any red colours at all. I downloaded 'display tester' from the play store and ran the 'gamma detection' which shows you how well each colour is displaying. The gray, green, blue yellow look sort of ok but the 'red' screen is just black...!

Normally I would just google stuff to find people with a similar problem but can't find anything. Presumably I have no warranty after buying used from ebay (even though the product is only a few weeks old) :'( but will try and get ASUS to take a look anyway. Has a cable come loose inside or something, or has the screen failed completely? I just don't understand why it would go from working perfectly to not being able to display a colour at all.

The touch screen element works fine if that makes sense..... hope somebody has some ideas...!!!

Thanks
Iain

Joe Joejoe

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
if you have a 3G model, you're in the wrong forums....and possibly bought the wrong version of the tablet if the new one was what you thought you were buying.

it does sound like a cable came loose on the inside though. although, this may have been a reoccurring issue with that specific tablet, and the seller knew it. it's also entirely possible the seller had fixed a broken one with a cheap screen too.

irsansom

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Oh whoops sorry, thought I would mess something up!

Yeah I thought perhaps I had been done over. Thanks for your response.

I have opened it up and can't see anything wrong at first glance, nothing obviously loose... oh well.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer