10-25-2016 07:48 PM
302 1234 ...
tools
    I've had the same issue with mine I'm going to try factory reset if that doesn't fix it I'm going to exchange at Best Buy tomorrow

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Just Got off phone with support. She's never heard this problem and suggested I do a factory reset. Just wondering did you do that and if so did it work? Did you return it and does the replacement work or still the same? Thanks!!
    07-29-2013 04:51 PM
    Edit: I think I finally fixed the issue. The Weather Channel App seems like it was killing the GPS functionality completely for my device. Now it's been running fine for a good 20m or so between various gps apps opening and closing without using wifi assistance. I also did clear the cache data too, but that alone did not work.
    Thanks - I uninstalled the Weather Channel app and rebooted, and it seems to be connecting fine now.
    07-29-2013 04:52 PM
    I uninstalled The Weather Channel app too, but it hasn't helped mine. Still not working.
    07-29-2013 04:57 PM
    Yea, my earlier fix did not hold for good after uninstalling the Weather Channel app.

GPS died for me after running Google Earth, but before that it was actually working for a good two hours or so (within a wifi network).

I think it's a combination of both certain apps killing GPS, and 2+ apps requesting GPS location at the same time.
    07-29-2013 06:38 PM
    I used my gps extensively today without issue. I'm unlocked with TWRP and rooted.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    07-30-2013 01:41 AM
    I'm afraid to say I'm having the same GPS issue. I'm not going to bother to return mine since its apparent that this is an issue google needs to address.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    07-30-2013 06:37 AM
    Just experienced it this morning, switched between music and navigation and GPS went ****. Nothing I did brought it back, not even after rebooting. The GPS toggle in the quick settings pull down drawer also disappears.
    07-30-2013 11:19 AM
    Just experienced it this morning, switched between music and navigation and GPS went ****. Nothing I did brought it back, not even after rebooting. The GPS toggle in the quick settings pull down drawer also disappears.
    I don't see it being a software issue as I have two new nexus 7 tablets that don't have gps issues. I used them extensively over two days without rebooting. Never skipped a beat...

If anyone experiencing this can get a replacement I would suggest trying.

chudly1 likes this.
    07-30-2013 12:26 PM
    Same problem here. Fire up Waze, drive a few moments and GPS goes belly up.
    07-30-2013 02:50 PM
    I don't see it being a software issue as I have two new nexus 7 tablets that don't have gps issues. I used them extensively over two days without rebooting. Never skipped a beat...

If anyone experiencing this can get a replacement I would suggest trying.

Considering Google has said it's a known issue, and there has been mixed success fixing it by removing certain apps, I'd say it's more likely a software issue for most folks.
    07-30-2013 06:09 PM
    So I was having the same GPS issue, and on a whim I turned off "scanning always available" in settings, Wi-Fi, advanced. After that, GPS functioned correctly over 8 hours, including launching maps, GPS status, and earth. I successfully navigated home after work, a 20 minute commute with no issues. I've checked in twice since and GPS still connecting properly.
    07-30-2013 11:33 PM
    Same issue as others, Fire up GPS Essentials with Satellites display - 20minutes later GPS tracking locks up - only way to recover is to reboot the device. No other GPS apps enabled. Will try turning off WiFi Scanning mode and see what happens.

-V
    07-31-2013 12:49 AM
    I can confirm this is happening to me as well.

GPS works fine (on google maps / sygic) and then all of a sudden GPS signal is completely lost and no luck re-gaining.

Though, it does seem that Google knows about this... so we should have a fix soon!
    07-31-2013 02:02 AM
    Thank god. Im having the same issue and searched the intertubes. Apparently "2013" in my search finally found what I needed.

So it appears this a known issue. I play Ingress alot and this makes playing almost impossible. i was about 5 minutes from taking my tablet back but it appears they are all affected.

Im wondering if rooting and changing the gps config file to more accurate setting would fix the issue. So far it seems no one has determined if its hardware, software, or bad coding....

I was very close to changing to these setting. Has anyone here rooted and seen the issue disappear?

NTP_SERVER=server 0.us.pool.ntp.org
    server 1.us.pool.ntp.org
    server 2.us.pool.ntp.org
    server 3.us.pool.ntp.org
    XTRA_SERVER_1=0.north-america.pool.ntp.org
    XTRA_SERVER_2=1.north-america.pool.ntp.org
    XTRA_SERVER_3=2.north-america.pool.ntp.org
    XTRA_SERVER_4=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
    XTRA_SERVER_5=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
    ACCURACY_THRES=80
    SUPL_PORT=7276
    SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com
    07-31-2013 11:56 AM
    Clearly its an issue google needs to address and exchanging tablets wont help. If you read the entire thread you will see many people have exchanged and are experiencing the same problem.

What is that you are using that you think it is "working"
    07-31-2013 12:05 PM
    Thank god. Im having the same issue and searched the intertubes. Apparently "2013" in my search finally found what I needed.

So it appears this a known issue. I play Ingress alot and this makes playing almost impossible. i was about 5 minutes from taking my tablet back but it appears they are all affected.
    So I looked up Ingress. mind = blown. Wow, I just requested an invite; I had no idea this was a thing. That looks pretty sweet.
    07-31-2013 01:04 PM
    I have done factory resets and exchanged it at Best Buy. Still not working.
    I did have better luck (It kept the GPS lock a lot longer) when I went in and disabled everything I could that uses location services.
    Settings, Apps, ALL, Touch App, Choose Disable.
    But it still locked up on me after about an hour.
    I do love the tablet for playing Ingress, well until the GPS locks up and I have to re-boot. But it is very responsive and the compass works great in the game.
    Hope they have a fix soon....
    07-31-2013 01:36 PM
    How is playing Ingress on a WiFi tablet? I just got a beta invite and stuck at work. I also have an Android phone, so it is a non issue for me, but my co worker only has the N7 (and an iPhone) so he didn't think he could really play it.
    07-31-2013 02:01 PM
    my plan was to use this as an ingress tablet, however this GPS problem has prevented this. So i'm still using my GS3. Hoping they resolve the GPS Issue soon, can't wait to use the new N7! Ingress if a fun game, what city are you in?
    07-31-2013 02:14 PM
    I am in Columbus, OH and I was considering joining the Resistance.
    07-31-2013 02:15 PM
    naw, go green
    07-31-2013 03:08 PM
    I just realized you can't choose

That's a bummer, but it looks like I have been placed blue, so I am Resistance.
    07-31-2013 03:19 PM
    You can absolutely choose. go green!

I just realized you can't choose

That's a bummer, but it looks like I have been placed blue, so I am Resistance.
    07-31-2013 04:06 PM
    Add me to the list of ingress players noticing GPS issues on the new nexus 7...hopefully this gets fixed soon, I won't be returning it within 2 weeks since I trust google to fix the issue. This reminds me of my OG Droid...had the exact same issue with failing to lock onto gps, it was fixed with an update.

@Diknak Stay blue, no one is ever really happy being the bad guy. =)
    07-31-2013 07:22 PM
    I have tethering turned on on my iPhone. I connect my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 or my Nexus 7 to the wifi hot spot it creates and play for hours. Well with the external battery's I play for hours.
    The Tab 3 works OK, but the Nexus works better for Ingress when the GPS stays connected to the satellites. But it is going back until they get it fixed. Then I will go buy it again.
    07-31-2013 09:46 PM
302 1234 ...