I have the original nexus 7 which I got about a month and a half ago (free with att promo) and I love it. Is the new nexus 7 good enough for creating simple documents, presentations, etc? Also should I go for the 16 or 32 GB version? I would mainly use it for creating documents and streaming.
    07-28-2013 01:30 AM
    Well id say if you think that old one did fine for school then the new one well just do it better. And 32gb for sure. School may take up a lot of space.
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    07-28-2013 01:33 AM
    For content creation I think a laptop would be a better choice. Or if you really want a tablet, something larger like the full-size ipad or the upcoming new Nexus 10.
    07-28-2013 09:37 AM
    I think I'm going to bite on the new nexus 7 with 32 GB.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-28-2013 08:56 PM
    Mine's being delivered tomorrow. Hope you enjoy yours! Post back to your thread to let us know how it's working for you.
    07-28-2013 10:40 PM
    Finally decided on a 16 GB version since looking at my current storage usage I really don't need more. Picked it up today from GameStop and there is only one word to describe the screen: gorgeous. The difference between the old nexus screen and the new one is like day and night. Build quality is very nice, I definitely notice it being lighter and slimmer. The bezels are not as big of a problem as I thought they were going to be and in fact I don't even notice that they're bigger ( top and bottom bezels). Very snappy, no lag ( then again I haven't installed any apps). Back has a very smooth touch to it almost matte like ( which I prefer over the old nexus). The volume and power buttons are firm ( kind of hard to describe). My one gripe with them is that they're not as pronounced as they were on the original nexus, making them a little bit hard to activate. Overall it's a fantastic device. Now if only pay apps got updated to support android 4.3.

07-29-2013 11:41 PM
    I was going to say the screen would be a nice improvement since you can see more of what your doing. The speed will be nice too. Good developers should be pretty fast updating stuff for 4.3 I remember MX player always seems to have this issue but its usually fixed in a few days. Developers have to get their hands on 4.3 to test stuff.
    07-30-2013 08:40 AM
    Finally decided on a 16 GB version since looking at my current storage usage I really don't need more. Picked it up today from GameStop and there is only one word to describe the screen: gorgeous. The difference between the old nexus screen and the new one is like day and night. Build quality is very nice, I definitely notice it being lighter and slimmer. The bezels are not as big of a problem as I thought they were going to be and in fact I don't even notice that they're bigger ( top and bottom bezels). Very snappy, no lag ( then again I haven't installed any apps). Back has a very smooth touch to it almost matte like ( which I prefer over the old nexus). The volume and power buttons are firm ( kind of hard to describe). My one gripe with them is that they're not as pronounced as they were on the original nexus, making them a little bit hard to activate. Overall it's a fantastic device. Now if only pay apps got updated to support android 4.3.

Awesome. So what happened to the old nexus 7 that you have?

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-30-2013 08:47 AM
    I still have it. I was planning to give it to my younger sibling they get a little too distracted from school work as it is so I'm probably going to sell it.

07-30-2013 12:59 PM
    For content creation I think a laptop would be a better choice. Or if you really want a tablet, something larger like the full-size ipad or the upcoming new Nexus 10.
    Or a Chromebook if your school has WiFi....We have a school in Denver that has mandated a Chromebook for all students this year...No pencils, paper, or anything else on the school shopping list...I wish I was in school still
    07-30-2013 03:34 PM
    Sadly my school and school district is run by inept people who think of technology as black magic. It wasn't long ago that the only browser you could run on school computers was EI on windows xp (were still running xp but at least now we can install chrome).

07-30-2013 04:25 PM
    School for me was 25 years ago.
    07-30-2013 11:57 PM