I've just looked at the new N7 side by side with the old N7 at Staples and it seems that the differences aren't really noticeable. The new screen doesn't look any better than the old one which is to be expected because the resolution of the first generation N7 was already really good, and the performance didn't seem any snappier which is also isn't surprising because the first generation N7 was already pretty fast. For me there are only a couple of things that are compelling, 32G of FLASH (my 2012 N7 only has 16G because I bought it on day 1) and it's narrower which sounds like a small thing but is actually pretty significant. The 2012 N7 with a neoprene case is just a little to wide to fit comfortably into a jacket pocket (fits fine when it's naked), the 2013 N7 is noticeably narrower so I think that it's likely that it will fit with a case assuming that someone makes a new narrower case for it.

My comparison was just a cursory examination in a store which isn't the same as actually owning it. I'd like to hear from people who own both the 2012 and 2013 N7s. Do you feel that the new one is a real step up from the old one? Also how is the WiFI on the new one compared to the old one?
    07-28-2013 01:33 PM
    As far as performance goes, the new one is, in fact, a lot better. The old one tended to slow down very quickly and seemed to take a while to perform even simple tasks. For the screen, the difference is extremely noticeable to me.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy tab with Android 4.2.2
    07-28-2013 01:36 PM
    I got mine yesterday and I'd say the display is much sharper, but I read on mine every night so that was my first reason to get the new one. I'd also say the colors are far more saturated looking at them side by side. Apps definitely open snappier as well. The display is vastly improved.
    07-28-2013 02:02 PM
    It's lighter, faster, solid build quality, display is noticeably better and it's a HUGE improvement from last years model hands down.
    07-28-2013 02:34 PM
    It's lighter, faster, solid build quality, display is noticeably better and it's a HUGE improvement from last years model hands down.
    This x 2

Everything about the new one is better, plus the stereo sound actually does work.
    07-28-2013 02:35 PM
    Has anyone benchmarked the WIFI?, that was a weak point on the old model.
    07-28-2013 02:43 PM
    Differences aren't really noticeable? Dude. Are you trolling? Seriously. How about the lack of silver trim around the new N7, for starters. Pretty noticeable difference right there.

This isn't an incremental upgrade. This is not an iPhone 4S. This new N7 tablet is night and day different compared to last year's edition.
    07-28-2013 03:41 PM
    Yeah, very night and day difference between the 2 for me. My old one, while nice still, just doesnt have the speed or overall quality of the new one. Its just everything about the first one, but better really. I have zero complaints.
    07-28-2013 03:45 PM
    I have a 60mb connection and 2.4 and 5 GHz N here is what it does
    Screenshot_2013-07-28-15-43-38.png Photo by HisSvt2 | Photobucket
    Screenshot_2013-07-28-15-44-34.png Photo by HisSvt2 | Photobucket

This new model is better in every way lighter faster by a lot. Screen is much easier on the eyes.
    Games are much better and sound is as well.
    07-28-2013 03:48 PM
    I've just looked at the new N7 side by side with the old N7 at Staples and it seems that the differences aren't really noticeable. The new screen doesn't look any better than the old one which is to be expected because the resolution of the first generation N7 was already really good, and the performance didn't seem any snappier which is also isn't surprising because the first generation N7 was already pretty fast. For me there are only a couple of things that are compelling, 32G of FLASH (my 2012 N7 only has 16G because I bought it on day 1) and it's narrower which sounds like a small thing but is actually pretty significant. The 2012 N7 with a neoprene case is just a little to wide to fit comfortably into a jacket pocket (fits fine when it's naked), the 2013 N7 is noticeably narrower so I think that it's likely that it will fit with a case assuming that someone makes a new narrower case for it.

My comparison was just a cursory examination in a store which isn't the same as actually owning it. I'd like to hear from people who own both the 2012 and 2013 N7s. Do you feel that the new one is a real step up from the old one? Also how is the WiFI on the new one compared to the old one?
    Dude are you drunk? Anyone with average sight can see there is a huge difference in the quality of the screen within a few seconds of seeing the n72, the higher resolution and dpi awesome and the colors really pop.
    It also has as a way better design, thinner and way better speakers, rear facing cam ,also the os is much faster.but yea outside of those things there is no difference at all
    07-28-2013 06:15 PM
    Has anyone benchmarked the WIFI?, that was a weak point on the old model.
    I talked a friend into buying the new N7 and I took my old N7 to a bar to show her my Apps and how to use it. Anyway her new N7 connected to the Bar's Wi-Fi and I gave up since my old N7 would connect then drop the connection then connect & drop over and over till I ran out of stuff to try. Finally used my phone as a Hot Spot for my N7 to get the internet. Since we were on different Wi-Fi we couldn't do a real speed test. Had her disconnect from the Bar's Wi-Fi twice and the new N7 connected back each time where my older N7 couldn't connect at all.

I did looked at the pictures on Current's 500px to use the pictures to see how the new screen looked compared to my N7. The new N7 has better contrast and more vibrant colors that are sightly different shades. However I could see the better HD quality in the new N7 with the background shapes and edges. However my old N7 wasn't that bad unless you were really comparing them side by side. The contrast and colors are the main difference. The new N7 is a sharper picture quality. 500px has a lot of good pictures to compare different conditions.

However the new N7 is a lot better looking tablet with a much better feel in your hands. I may upgrade but still thinking about the new refresh of the Nexus 10 that is rumored in October.
    07-28-2013 07:50 PM
    I talked a friend into buying the new N7 and I took my old N7 to a bar to show her my Apps and how to use it. Anyway her new N7 connected to the Bar's Wi-Fi and I gave up since my old N7 would connect then drop the connection then connect & drop over and over till I ran out of stuff to try. Finally used my phone as a Hot Spot for my N7 to get the internet. Since we were on different Wi-Fi we couldn't do a real speed test. Had her disconnect from the Bar's Wi-Fi twice and the new N7 connected back each time where my older N7 couldn't connect at all.

I did looked at the pictures on Current's 500px to use the pictures to see how the new screen looked compared to my N7. The new N7 has better contrast and more vibrant colors that are sightly different shades. However I could see the better HD quality in the new N7 with the background shapes and edges. However my old N7 wasn't that bad unless you were really comparing them side by side. The contrast and colors are the main difference. The new N7 is a sharper picture quality. 500px has a lot of good pictures to compare different conditions.

However the new N7 is a lot better looking tablet with a much better feel in your hands. I may upgrade but still thinking about the new refresh of the Nexus 10 that is rumored in October.
    I thought about waiting for the new Nexus 10, but after trying out a Galaxy Note 10.1 for a few days, I gave up in despair. I have fairly large hands, but the Nexus 10 was just too huge to comfortably use. I am very happy with 7 inch screen size, and I am happy to say my new Nexus 7 is being delivered tomorrow.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy tab with Android 4.2.2
    07-28-2013 09:01 PM