New Nexus 7 2013 and Adobe Flash Support

tanulku

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,
I'm new to the Android Eco System and would like to know how I can run Flash content on a New Nexus 7 (2013) ?
I know that the default browser on the Old Nexus 7 (2012) has some ways to support Adobe Flash, but I just want to be sure before I buy my New Nexus 7.

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I would assume that you can still, side load the .apk file onto it and it would still work. I don't think anything on has changed that would prevent that. Guess I'll have to try that tomorrow when mine gets here.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy tab with Android 4.2.2

thla

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It's worth noting that the AOSP Browser hasn't been on Android (since 4.2 I believe) so you will need to get that installed another way as well, I'm not sure if there's still any third party browsers that support the flash plugin.

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
You can side load Flash without a problem.....or you can download a browser that has Flash built in. I use Puffin Browser, it's a paid app, but well worth the price.....very fast, and works well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

arifjk

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
After installing flash, you can install AOSP browser if you are rooted using the app AOSP browser installer from the play store.

If you are not rooted, there is also a way to install AOSP browser, go to the xda forum. There is a way to install for non rooted nexus 7 FHD.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
If you sideload the .apk and use an alternate browser (I use Boat, but Dolphin works, and so do others), you can watch Amazon Prime Videos. You need to go into the browser settings (after installing Flash), and enable Flash. I do i all the time. I use Chrome for everything, but I use Boat to watch Prime videos.

lacyuk2002

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, you can still sideload the old Flash apk to get Flash for the new Nexus 7. Just don't use Chrome since it doesn't support Flash. Firefox works well. I can stream Amazon Instant and play Facebook games from my browser. This article might help: Flash for the Nexus 7 & Nexus 10 Tablet

Hi, I have read with interest that you manage to place your facebook games on your nexus 7.....i havetried numerous things in order to be able to do this and just can not crack it, i get so far and then it tells me i can not have flash or update it etc etc. I have unlocked it and rooted it, I have loaded Firefox and Dolphin but nothing seems to work, any ideas .......how did you get it to work please. Thank you, plain english please am not into too much technical jargon, thank you

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have read with interest that you manage to place your facebook games on your nexus 7.....i havetried numerous things in order to be able to do this and just can not crack it, i get so far and then it tells me i can not have flash or update it etc etc. I have unlocked it and rooted it, I have loaded Firefox and Dolphin but nothing seems to work, any ideas .......how did you get it to work please. Thank you, plain english please am not into too much technical jargon, thank you

Have you installed Flash? It is a separate app that needs installed. Once it's installed, you should be able to use a browser like Firefox or Dolphin (or I use XScope Pro, which automatically prompts you to download & install flash) to play Flash content, including Facebook games.

Riverrunner88

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Installed flash from the article that thewizkid linked too. I couldn't get it to work with firefox so I installed Dolphin and it works perfect. Thanks! Now I can at least stream some TV shows from CBS.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm