Any disadvantage to buying from the Play Store?

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
My experience of play store with my N4

Quick to replace/exchange, VERY!!!! slow to refund.

Hopefully all will be well, if the device that arrives has issues, I'm more likely in need of a replacement than a refund, as I really do want one. My Walmart does have a few new Nexus 7s now, but only 16 GB, so there's still no local source for the 32 GB model.

If it should come to wanting a refund, I suppose if they gave me hassle I could get my CC company involved. Meanwhile, my very first 7" tablet is on the way, in the middle of the country somewhere. I was rather hoping it would ship from CA, but nope, shipped from KY, which means I probably won't see it this week.

I ordered a case for it yesterday on Amazon. I have a padded sleeve for a Kindle Keyboard that should do until the case arrives. The Kindle can take its chances, it's only a cheap refurb I keep around for testing epub conversions.

Sent from my Nook HD+

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
weird. i've had to pay shipping and tax on everything i've ever ordered from the play store... so i went with amazon this go around

You are probably lucky to have done so early, yesterday when I was buying a case on Amazon, I looked up Nexus 7 FHD and the price was $300 from an outfit called BuySpry. Ouch!

Sent from my Nook HD+

trooperoutlaw

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Click the "28 new from $XXX.XX" Just under "See more product detail" and you can still get it for the Google advertised prices straight from Amazon.com.

You are probably lucky to have done so early, yesterday when I was buying a case on Amazon, I looked up Nexus 7 FHD and the price was $300 from an outfit called BuySpry. Ouch!

Sent from my Nook HD+

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Wait a minute, how was this dealer from Ebay that I bought from get his LTE units before launch?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

tg2708

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Wait a minute, how was this dealer from Ebay that I bought from get his LTE units before launch?

Thats why i was a little skeptic when you said you bought one when nowhere has listed them either "coming soon" or "in stock."

mikemike162012

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm still waiting to get my hand on an 32gb nexus. Amazon has it but I need to pay taxes! while no stock from online store or that their return policy is risky with receiving an defective unit.. sigh. tough waiting..

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Oh dear, and it was sent too which meant that it's pretty much wait and see...