Mediaserver taking up battery, cant fix it

puregoogle

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I know theres been a lot of threads about this but nothing seems to work, mediaserver is taking up 60% of my battery. Does anyone have suggestions, thanks for your time.

mitc5502

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I know theres been a lot of threads about this but nothing seems to work, mediaserver is taking up 60% of my battery. Does anyone have suggestions, thanks for your time.

Same thing happened to me and I'm hoping it's a fluke... Also happened once when I first got my Nexus 4 and mysteriously never happened again.

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes..
Happens a lot on phones as well.. something you might have downloaded or installed is scanning your files.. My Media Scanner is not running at all.

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
In the past for me it's been a music player but could be anything media related (photo gallery, video player, etc.). Try stopping some of the media apps. Also this might be obvious but did you try restarting?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Google Play Music had a bug where it'd leave Media Server running, but they fixed that. The one app I've got which is lethal is Bejewled Blitz. If you don't kill that process when you're done playing, it will leave an AudioOut_2 wakelock running - as reported by GSam - which will keep your device awake until you kill it or the battery dies. It happened with both of my Nexus 7s (OG and new), 4.2.2 and 4.3. I run either Fast Reboot or a System Panel widget to kill running processes after a session.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze