11-03-2013 03:15 PM
49 12
tools
    I would appreciate opinions as to which version of the new Nexus 7.2 to buy, the 16gb or 32gb. It is worth the additional $40 for the 32gb version?
    RichardM
    rm289b@verizon.net
    08-02-2013 02:30 PM
    I would think it all depends on how much space you need. I am of the belief that it's better to have more especially since there is no expandable storage.
    I got the 32gb
    08-02-2013 02:46 PM
    I definitely think its worth the extra $40. Especially over time when you download apps and browse the internet a lot, everything has a cache and if you don't clear them over time it'll add up. That's just a little thing to think of as well, other than just how many/how big the apps are that you download. Along with whatever other media you have. Got my 32gb and won't look back. Totally worth it.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-02-2013 03:56 PM
    There's already a couple of threads about this but I liked Unicorn Rancher's take on this in one of them:
    If you never use the extra storage, it's a waste even if it only costs $5.
    If you need the extra storage, it's well worth the extra $40 it costs you.
    I bought the 32 but I use a very limited number of apps, I don't use my tablets for photos or music. My gaming consists of around 3 games installed at any given time. So after that, and loading a dozen movies on my N7 last night in preparation for a week's worth of boring night shifts (BTW Airdroid I love you!) I've ended up with about 20GB of leftover space. If I had the 16GB model I'd still have 3GB left. When I'm not loading movies, I usually only use about 4GB total... I'm actually contemplating exchanging this for a 16GB plus a case (which I still don't have yet). It's not even about the money though, $40 is basically coffee money to me. Even videos are getting stale for me now because I've watched pretty much every movie ever made that I wanted to see 3x each now and I've started using my e-reader a lot more lately, and just using my N7 for web browsing and games.

I don't know. I change my mind a lot. Only two days ago I was in another thread telling everyone they should just skip the 16GB lol.
    08-02-2013 04:01 PM
    Honestly, given the price differences, its almost a no brainer to just spend the extra 40 for double the memory and be done with it.
    tcwhite74 likes this.
    08-02-2013 04:03 PM
    Picked up the 32gb version because I use the space for high capacity media files (movies, large podcast audio files, etc) and like having the extra space for nandroid backups.

To me a $40 price difference isn't even a question for double the storage. If that amount of money will hold one back from a purchase, then the whole question of buying a tablet must be brought into question.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    08-02-2013 05:16 PM
    And if the user prefers tablets mostly for a larger screen for email, web browsing, and a few games, and just watches movies on it occasionally? Are you going to dictate whether they should buy a tablet? That's pretty extreme.
    08-02-2013 08:29 PM
    I bought the 16gb and I regret not spending the extra $40 for double the space. I am still within return policy but I already bought third party warranty, so it would be a pain returning it. I'll be using the cloud for watching movies and playing music so its not too bad
    08-03-2013 12:32 AM
    16gb all day for me. Though use Google Drive and Play music. I have everything I want and more on mine, and still 8.5 gb free space. Of course, this will vary by user. If you don't want/need a ton of memory heavy games, and stream music, save that 40 and buy a nice case.

08-03-2013 02:51 AM
    I would appreciate opinions as to which version of the new Nexus 7.2 to buy, the 16gb or 32gb. It is worth the additional $40 for the 32gb version?
    RichardM
    rm289b@verizon.net
    What would you use the nexus 7 for? If it is just a device for Internet browsing and you tubing, you wouldn't want the 32gb device.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    08-03-2013 03:01 AM
    It really does boil down to personal usage. I can tell you how I used my last tablet which was a 16 GB. Mostly just apps, web browsing, and about 3 games installed at any given time. All my music stays on my phone. I also keep my photos in the cloud because i prefer having them accessible from multiple devices. That left me room for more movies than I could watch in a full day. There were about 3 occasions in over a year where I was traveling so far I wanted more movies. So I simply threw them on my phone and streamed them to my tablet.
    However if you choose to keep several GB of music, a ton of photos, and quite a few games, then that's going to drop the space you have leftover significantly.

As I said, it all boils down to what you'll be using on it. If you're not the person I described just now, then don't let anyone tell you that you NEED a 32 because you won't. If you are, then a 32 is what you should look at.
    08-03-2013 05:44 AM
    Since you say that the $40 is just coffee change, keep the 32gb. If you have 16gb and then decide 2 months later that you need 32gb, it will cost $270 to replace the unit.

08-03-2013 10:12 AM
    32 GB is the way to go, if you want to load up with plenty of movies and all on your tablet...the form factor for the tablet is so awesome for consuming content.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    08-03-2013 10:15 AM
    I use my tablet for a few games and web surfing so 16 GB is more than enough for me. Phones on the other hand 32gb is a must.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    08-03-2013 10:59 AM
    Get the 32gb if you play big memory games or download media content
    08-03-2013 11:49 AM
    Of course it depend on your use case, but I always like to think about how I got double the storage for only $40 more when Apple charges a ludicrous $100 more! :P
    08-03-2013 01:46 PM
    It's good to follow the law 'More is Good' especially without the SD card slot but it also depends on what you use it for.

08-03-2013 01:56 PM
    And if the user prefers tablets mostly for a larger screen for email, web browsing, and a few games, and just watches movies on it occasionally? Are you going to dictate whether they should buy a tablet? That's pretty extreme.
    That's a silly logical leap, those users will probably decide they don't need yhe extra space and pay less. They won't even be trying to decide between two capacities, they have already made up theit minds.

Im referring to the buyers whos tablet usage can make use of the extra space but are quibbling abiut getting thw extra space they desire but are reluctant to spend the extra $40. Those people should work a little overtime, skip a couple meals out or some very simple budget management and make it happen. This is not the difference of a few hundred or thousand dollars.

Sent from my HTC One Sinless ver 2.8 Google Edition rom
    08-03-2013 03:00 PM
    That's a silly logical leap, those users will probably decide they don't need yhe extra space and pay less. They won't even be trying to decide between two capacities, they have already made up theit minds.

Im referring to the buyers whos tablet usage can make use of the extra space but are quibbling abiut getting thw extra space they desire but are reluctant to spend the extra $40. Those people should work a little overtime, skip a couple meals out or some very simple budget management and make it happen. This is not the difference of a few hundred or thousand dollars.

Sent from my HTC One Sinless ver 2.8 Google Edition rom
    Fair enough, I got the impression that you felt that users who didn't make use of 32GB shouldn't bother owning a tablet. My misunderstanding.
    08-03-2013 07:45 PM
    Since you say that the $40 is just coffee change, keep the 32gb. If you have 16gb and then decide 2 months later that you need 32gb, it will cost $270 to replace the unit.

It's just that I'm starting to feel like I bought space I'll never even use. My last tablet was 16 so I know my usage well enough that there won't be any surprises in 2 months (or a year). I just got greedy. Like going to restaurant hungry and buying more than I can eat lol.
    08-03-2013 09:37 PM
    It's just that I'm starting to feel like I bought space I'll never even use. My last tablet was 16 so I know my usage well enough that there won't be any surprises in 2 months (or a year). I just got greedy. Like going to restaurant hungry and buying more than I can eat lol.
    Since you wouldn't need the 32gb, then you should decide on the 16gb nexus 7. However, it is still better to just go with the 32gb. Who knows? You may need those extra storage in future.

rexxman likes this.
    08-04-2013 03:45 AM
    I bought the 32 gb because I'm planning to watch a lot of High definition movies and TV shows on its gorgeous screen, plus I'm planning on putting games on their that are well over I Gb. And don't forget the 320kb music which are about 10mb each. They should have actually released a 64 Gb.

Sent from my GT-I9500
    rexxman likes this.
    08-04-2013 07:56 AM
    Because I have no idea, what kind of games are over 1gb for Android?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    08-04-2013 09:33 AM
    i'll be getting the 32g, though i never exceed 16g of space. the thing is i always stress that i'll need more space, which i never do.

i do think the 32g will be easier to re-sell in a year, and will retain more of its value.
    08-04-2013 09:56 AM
    I have the Nexus 7, second gen., with 32gb. I rationalized the extra in this fashion : with the apps I use and OS sizes what they are, do I forsee them getting smaller? I arrived at "no".

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    rexxman likes this.
    08-04-2013 10:20 AM
49 12